Priest praises Pope Francis for ‘evolving’ Church to accept homosexuality
“Pope Francis is very clear about the evolution of doctrine and teachings,” he said. 
“He says that human self-understanding changes with time and so also human conscience deepens. We must move from a narrow view of doctrine to a more comprehensive view of doctrine,” he added.
McCarthy said that those Catholics who struggle with the direction Pope Francis is taking the Church have to overcome their “judgmental attitudes.”  https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/priest...osexuality

As repugnant as this individual is, I believe he's telling the truth. Francis is deliberately confusing issues so that Bishops and priests can take things even further, i,e, blessings of homosexuals couples, calls to change language in the catechism, etc, because that is what he wants . Imagine if this man had said "Francis doesn't really believe in climate change". I'm quite certain we'd quickly see clarity and probably some disciplinary measures taken.
(06-23-2018, 08:16 AM)Eric F Wrote: “Pope Francis is very clear about the evolution of doctrine and teachings,” he said. 
“He says that human self-understanding changes with time and so also human conscience deepens. We must move from a narrow view of doctrine to a more comprehensive view of doctrine,” he added.
McCarthy said that those Catholics who struggle with the direction Pope Francis is taking the Church have to overcome their “judgmental attitudes.”  https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/priest...osexuality

As repugnant as this individual is, I believe he's telling the truth. Francis is deliberately confusing issues so that Bishops and priests can take things even further, i,e, blessings of homosexuals couples, calls to change language in the catechism, etc, because that is what he wants . Imagine if this man had said "Francis doesn't really believe in climate change". I'm quite certain we'd quickly see clarity and probably some disciplinary measures taken.

Amazing to watch what's going on right now in the open, and people cannot see it? Scripture is very clear about homosexuality, and no Catholic can change this!
  • "As Sodom and Gomorrah, and the neighboring cities, in like manner, having given themselves to fornication, and going after other flesh, were made an example, suffering the punishment of eternal fire" Jude 1:7
  • "If any one lie with a man as with a woman, both have committed an abomination, let them be put to death: their blood be upon them" Leviticus 20:13
  • "Thou shalt not lie with mankind as with womankind, because it is an abomination" Leviticus 18:22
  • "And the Lord rained upon Sodom and Gomorrah brimstone and fire from the Lord out of heaven. And he destroyed these cities, and all the country about, all the inhabitants of the cities, and all things that spring from the earth" Gen 19:24-25
  • "There were also the effeminate in the land, and they did according to all the abominations of the people whom the Lord had destroyed before the face of the children of Israel" 3 Kings 14:24
  • "Know you not that the unjust shall not possess the kingdom of God? Do not err: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, Nor the effeminate, nor liers with mankind, nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor railers, nor extortioners, shall possess the kingdom of God" 1 Cor 6:9-10
  • "And reducing the cities of the Sodomites, and of the Gomorrhites, into ashes, condemned them to be overthrown, making them an example to those that should after act wickedly" 2 Peter 2:6
[-] The following 1 user Likes pabbie's post:
  • Eric F
God is Truth and God is the same yesterday, today and forever. The Truth does not "evolve" and become something else; it remains the same.

I know many and in some high places want the One, Holy, Catholic, and Apostolic Church to be another protestant thing and to "accompany" and "tolerate" and even approved of sin but then it is no longer Catholic.
Ave Maria!
[-] The following 3 users Like Magdalene's post:
  • CaptCrunch73, Eric F, karl
My family, going back to the Old Country, was Catholic, on both sides.
I raised my child Catholic.
I am helping raise my Grandchildren Catholic.
If this crap doesn't stop, the adults are going to put their foot down and refuse to allow the children to continue in their religious education.  I just might agree.
Perhaps I should investigate the SSPX here in town.  I truly believe that the Roman Catholic Church is the One, True Church established by Jesus, starting with St. Peter.  But, damn.
[-] The following 3 users Like MaryTN's post:
  • CaptCrunch73, karl, ServusDei