Looking for Book on Church Councils
Does anyone know of a book that has information on the church councils and debates/decisions made?

thanks
“Its been said that when human beings stop believing in god they believe in nothing. The truth is much worse, they believe in anything.” 
Malcolm maggeridge
(07-04-2018, 11:42 AM)1stvermont2ndvermont3rdvermont Wrote: Does anyone know of a book that has information on the church councils and debates/decisions made?

thanks

What decisions relate to doctrine can be found in the Henry Denziger's Enchridion Symbolorm, or in English Sources of Catholic Doctrine, which along with the councils will include Papal decisions as well related to doctrinal teachings.

As regards the history, there are various books that can give the history, most especially the Catholic Encyclopaedia.
what of ludwig otts fundamentals of catholic dogma.
“Its been said that when human beings stop believing in god they believe in nothing. The truth is much worse, they believe in anything.” 
Malcolm maggeridge
There are a ton on Amazon.
Walk before God in simplicity, and not in subtleties of the mind. Simplicity brings faith; but subtle and intricate speculations bring conceit; and conceit brings withdrawal from God. -Saint Isaac of Syria, Directions on Spiritual Training

"It is impossible in human terms to exaggerate the importance of being in a church or chapel before the Blessed Sacrament as often and for as long as our duties and state of life allow. I very seldom repeat what I say. Let me repeat this sentence. It is impossible in human language to exaggerate the importance of being in a chapel or church before the Blessed Sacrament as often and for as long as our duties and state of life allow. That sentence is the talisman of the highest sanctity. "Father John Hardon