Discussing Fish Eaters
Another thing I really like about this forum is when we all joke around.

Things are so hairy right now, I think we should all loosen up and do much more of that!   :D
[-] The following 1 user Likes Sacred Heart lover's post:
  • CaptCrunch73
Quote:This is an interesting discussion and everyone is welcome to their own opinion, but I see some inconsistency here.

Well, this is like, four different people offering their opinions... I would hardly expect consistency in the least.

Quote:So which is it?

My opinion.  Mine is the correct way of thinking.  As is usually the case, I am right.

Quote:Or are we more worried about "our image"?

Me? No, I look great.

Quote:Another thing I really like about this forum is when we all joke around.

Challenge accepted.

Quote:Things are so hairy right now...

I didn't think anyone else would know about the hair issue...
[-] The following 2 users Like Justin Alphonsus's post:
  • Sacred Heart lover, Some Guy
(07-12-2018, 05:09 PM)Sacred Heart lover Wrote: Things are so hairy right now, 

You have that problem too!?!
Surréxit Dóminus vere, Alleluia!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Dominicus's post:
  • Sacred Heart lover
(07-12-2018, 08:01 PM)Dominicus Wrote:
(07-12-2018, 05:09 PM)Sacred Heart lover Wrote: Things are so hairy right now, 

You have that problem too!?!

I usually prefer to stay anonymous online, but since sharing is caring...

[Image: hairy-face.jpg]

I'm so glad we can be honest with one another about our personal problems here.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Sacred Heart lover's post:
  • Dominicus
Thats nothing.
Surréxit Dóminus vere, Alleluia!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Dominicus's post:
  • Sacred Heart lover
(07-11-2018, 09:46 PM)Justin Alphonsus Wrote:
Quote:Would also like to hear from individuals what FE means to you personally ...

Personally, this place feels mostly like a way to kill the time for me, and it is something that I have been pondering giving up.  I used to be interested in a lot of the things that people would post here.  I really enjoyed the liturgical and theological discussions, and the political commentary was interesting and something that I had not really ever been exposed to at the time.  Also, this site really helped introduce me to the Catholic traditions that bring the faith alive, and for that I am eternally indebted to Vox (the whole section of this website devoted to articles discussing the faith, history and tradition is pure gold and is what hooked me).  There were some really interesting discussions a couple of years ago.  I think I remember that one of the posters who went dark mentioned that the place just had a different feel to him.  It seems the same to me now, too.

This is not to say that the concept for this site isn't an interesting one.  After all, how many traditional Catholic chat boards exist, and that allow you to have a dissenting opinion?  But, overall, I just feel like it is getting away from that.  On top of it, I really don't like the anonymity of the internet.  It is all well and good to have discussions, but I cannot develop any form of real friendship with any of the people on this forum.  

Also, this is my own personal complaint, so hate on me if you want;  this forum really just seems (to me) to be morphing into a chat room for conspiracy theorists, people dropping links to their blogs, women with personal issues (sort of like a Catholic Dear Abby).  I am not saying that these things are bad or problematic in se, but when the whole forum starts to become that... you just get bored with it to be frank.

Anyhow, you asked my opinion so there she be.

Killing time? Well, I'm envious Justin Alphonsus - as time is something I really struggle to find (partly because I'm so slow and obsessively perfectionistic with almost everything I do - sigh.)

But still I want to really give time to this place and this thread. I'm very grateful for your honesty here. Very. And so much else being said in this thread. Certainly not going to "hate on you" and hope to say more as soon as I can.
Click to see at Amazon
[Image: charles-coulombe-120h.png]

Hear the FIRST CHAPTER on my YouTube Channel:

See my Three Books here at Amazon: viewauthor.at/RogerBuck