Do You Prep?
I just listened to the 12 messages given to St. Padre Pio about the end of the world. (below)

Trad Cat Knight is a sede so use your discernment on that.

Anyway, Jesus told him about the three days of darkness and says we need to have three months worth of food.

Prepping is only prudent for any situation that may come such as a flood or earthquake etc.

I only have about 2 to 4 weeks worth of food/water.

Perhaps I need more.

How have y'all prepared?
Rome will lose the faith and become the seat of the antichrist. 
The demons of the air together with the Antichrist will perform great wonders  
The Church will be in eclipse

-Our Lady of La Salette

Like Christ, His Bride the Church will undergo its own passion, burial, and resurrection.
-unknown traditional priest

Father Ripperger said that if we are detached from all things, aren't afraid to suffer, and we accept all suffering as the will of God for our sanctity, we have nothing to fear!
I kinda prep. I have a storage of water, canned food, ramen noodles, stuff that you don't have to worry about going bad. I save old milk jugs and fill them with water, I won't buy bottled water. Batteries for flash lights, hand crank radio, candles and couple of survival knives. I add things All the time. I try to have 2 of everything. An old Special Forces saying "One is None, Two is One". I was in the army so I have a Bug Out Bag. Things that will help me survive if I have to get out of dodge.
Bob

If my dog doesn't like you maybe I shouldn't either!!

“No one in the world can change Truth!”
St. Maximilian Kolbe, PRAY FOR US!
(07-09-2018, 10:22 AM)Sacred Heart lover Wrote: I just listened to the 12 messages given to St. Padre Pio about the end of the world. (below)

Trad Cat Knight is a sede so use your discernment on that.

Anyway, Jesus told him about the three days of darkness and says we need to have three months worth of food.

Prepping is only prudent for any situation that may come such as a flood or earthquake etc.

I only have about 2 to 4 weeks worth of food/water.

Perhaps I need more.

How have y'all prepared?
4 weeks of food should be good. You can always stretch your food out. Water is the most important. Your supply only needs to last until things settle down, but it's hard to say how long that would be.
Bob

I grow my own food and preserve it throughout the year. I am in the process of converting my entire property to solar power and wind power. I've replaced my fans with crank fans I purchased from Amish country. I've also replaced my stove with a woodburning stove (that was a HUGE project LOL) which also heats my home. I've built a workshop outside with a full set of restored (a very fun project) traditional hand tools (planers, crank drills, etc) so I can fix and build practically anything I need myself (like my new cabinets I'm installing this weekend). I've also started to learn how to spin my own yarn and make my own fabrics from scratch materials, and I make most - if not all - of my own clothing, bags, etc. I replaced my washer and dryer with a pully line and hand washer (with a washboard and everything). Two years ago I learned how to dig my own wells (that is a PROJECT, to say the least) and no longer require running water in my house Smile I'm converting to candles and oil laps as well. The only electrical components I want to have would be my computer, modem, and servers (the server room is a STARK contrast to the rest of my house LOL).

My dad likes to joke - especially now that I'm single and can live like I want to live - that if I wasn't Catholic I'd be Amish (I do spend a lot of time in Amish country at tool auctions etc Wink ). I'm also working on getting myself two nice Belgian draft horses to farm with for next year so I can get away from using gas-powered tools etc. I'm learning to break them for work this summer with some Amish friends down in Amish country. They are teaching me for free as long as I help them break their new horses for sale.

I really enjoy the simple life, and doing everything manually fills my day (even pulling water, filtering it, and boiling it instead of having running water can be incredibly prayerful). I think it's why I'm called to the eremitical life. Perhaps I'll ditch my car eventually and just let my horses pull me in a cart...I do live quite close to Church (it's literally next door...the Angelus bell is convenient Wink ) and it's pretty much the only place I go these days.

I don't know if I'd say I'm a prepper in the sense that I'm preparing for an apocalyptic event; but it is nice to say that, other than God, I rely upon nobody else. My ex was not that kind of person. He always wanted the newest gadget, fancy house, etc etc. God has truly used that Pauline privilege to truly set me free. What seemed a disaster at first has allowed me to fall into a way of life I have always longed to live...even if everyone around town lovingly calls me "Green Acres" LOL.

Here's one of my most recent projects. A Stanely Bailey No 5c. It was orange with rust when I got it originally, and I had to order a new iron, cap iron, and lever cap (I may have sprung for a in the box original...but sometimes we need to treat ourselves, no?). I find restoring old tools and building up a set which can maintain your home to be the very starting point for homesteading/prepping. Once you can maintain you can grow to new tasks like growing food etc. Putting on my steel roof with the help of a few girlfriends two summers ago was extremely rewarding..but I wouldn't have been able to do that project if I hadn't first started with the basics.

https://ibb.co/dJvFCT
https://ibb.co/b4fhsT
https://ibb.co/cYFhsT
https://ibb.co/goTfe8
https://ibb.co/mE5hsT
https://ibb.co/ksNvCT
I am in the process of discerning my vocation with the help of my priest. If you would like to read my thoughts as I progress through this process of discernment feel free to visit my blog: https://walkingthelittleway.com
[-] The following 5 users Like IntoTheMystic's post:
  • BobR67, Catherine, Dominicus, Mamadric, Sacred Heart lover
Where do you live? I have Amish all around me here in Ohio.
Bob

(07-09-2018, 10:51 AM)BobR67 Wrote: Where do you live? I have Amish all around me here in Ohio.

In between Cleveland and Akron. (sorry, I'm not so keen on posting exacts online :\ ). I'm looking for a new piece of remote property though before I entirely destroy this house and make it unlivable for modern people so hopefully, I'll be somewhere down near Kidron or even possibly Deleware OH sooner rather than later.
I am in the process of discerning my vocation with the help of my priest. If you would like to read my thoughts as I progress through this process of discernment feel free to visit my blog: https://walkingthelittleway.com
I love gardening and fiber arts etc!

However, God in His wisdom has seen fit for me to remain mostly bedridden and I can't do any of that anymore. 

I have no family to care for me and my two doggies, except my teenage son who visits and so I rely on caregivers.

So I'll be quite vulnerable as I grow older or if things go haywire.

I'm at peace though, because it's clear that God wants me to be completely dependent on Him alone.

(Although I think I will stock up a bit more.  Maybe I'll make the three months my goal.)
Rome will lose the faith and become the seat of the antichrist. 
The demons of the air together with the Antichrist will perform great wonders  
The Church will be in eclipse

-Our Lady of La Salette

Like Christ, His Bride the Church will undergo its own passion, burial, and resurrection.
-unknown traditional priest

Father Ripperger said that if we are detached from all things, aren't afraid to suffer, and we accept all suffering as the will of God for our sanctity, we have nothing to fear!
I'll probably prep and attempt to get my house off the grid once I move in a few years. Hopefully can get an acre or 2. Fence it off. Farm a little. Collect rain water. Get some house batteries and back up generators. Solar panels. Etc.
Lol. In the Bible it said that when He comes, nobody will be prepared, so you're preparing uselessly Smile Besides, He will take care of you.
MonstranceDeo Gratias et Ave Maria! Monstrance
Pray the Rosary
[-] The following 1 user Likes ServusDei's post:
  • vickycruzlopez
I would never dream of prepping if I lived the single life as my vocation. But I will have a responsibility to my wife and kids to take care of them if things fall apart for a little while. Also I won't be planning for the end of the world just the end of usury funded capitalism.