Restaurant Etiquette for Traditional Catholics
I've written an article that helps traditional Catholics to behave more appropriately in restaurants. Here is the link:

http://reignofmary.blogspot.com/2018/07/...urant.html
"Bringing to restaurants babies, young children, invalids or the mentally disabled is always inappropriate"

I will keep this in mind next time I eat out... oh wait it seems I'm included. Well we certainly can't have any ugly or disabled people going out in public and ruining other people's dinners. That would truly be uncharitable of us. Next time I will just stay in my closet. Maybe I'll join a leper colony.

"24/7 restaurants are intrinsically disordered and against nature" 

I always knew that IHOP was actually a gay brothel.
Surréxit Dóminus vere, Alleluia!
[-] The following 4 users Like Dominicus's post:
  • Bourbon Apocalypse, jovan66102, Justin Alphonsus, Zedta
Also I should mention that it is not sinful to attend restaurants on Sundays in places where this is the custom. Now obviously it's preferable to eat at home, canon law makes it clear that it is not sinful.
Surréxit Dóminus vere, Alleluia!
[-] The following 3 users Like Dominicus's post:
  • jovan66102, Justin Alphonsus, Zedta
I have to agree.

While I couldn't read the whole thing, nor did I really want to, it seems clear to me that you are making much ado about nothing.

Seriously, we have just a few more important topics of discussion to worry about.

Methinks thou dost protest too much!
Rome will lose the faith and become the seat of the antichrist. 
The demons of the air together with the Antichrist will perform great wonders  
The Church will be in eclipse

-Our Lady of La Salette

Like Christ, His Bride the Church will undergo its own passion, burial, and resurrection.
-unknown traditional priest

Father Ripperger said that if we are detached from all things, aren't afraid to suffer, and we accept all suffering as the will of God for our sanctity, we have nothing to fear!
[-] The following 2 users Like Sacred Heart lover's post:
  • jovan66102, Zedta
Quote:"Bringing to restaurants babies, young children, invalids or the mentally disabled is always inappropriate"
While I agree it's important not to bring children to a restaurant until they are able to behave properly, and parents should take them out if they aren't, 

invalids or the mentally disabled?!  WTHeck?

That is not a Catholic attitude!
Rome will lose the faith and become the seat of the antichrist. 
The demons of the air together with the Antichrist will perform great wonders  
The Church will be in eclipse

-Our Lady of La Salette

Like Christ, His Bride the Church will undergo its own passion, burial, and resurrection.
-unknown traditional priest

Father Ripperger said that if we are detached from all things, aren't afraid to suffer, and we accept all suffering as the will of God for our sanctity, we have nothing to fear!
[-] The following 2 users Like Sacred Heart lover's post:
  • jovan66102, Zedta
Everything I need to know about eatin' out ettikit, I learned from this book: Big Grin

Quote:•Bringing to restaurants babies, young children, invalids or the mentally disabled is always inappropriate;

Not the most pro-life, pro-family view. I'd suggest that bringing babies and young children depends upon the setting. Family oriented restaurants are one-thing, but I'd agree it's inappropriate to bring a baby to a 4-5 star restaurant in the evening. It's unfair to the customers who want a quiet meal, and it's unfair to the baby who's expected to stay quiet and still, most likely at his bedtime.

Quote:•Patronising "24/7" restaurants, is generally bad taste. Places such as Waffle House and Denny's ought to be avoided if other alternatives are available and in good taste, since 24/7 establishments are intrinsically disordered and against nature;

Serious question here: given how much society has changed from the Industrial Revolution, is this still an issue? I get the idea, but the fact is that many have to work night shifts, and still need to eat, so a 24/7 restaurant fills a need/demand.

Great point about calling ahead. With a family of 7, plus in-laws joining us at times, I'll start doing this. Although I disagree with the coloring book idea, at least at an informal diner. It's a great way to keep very young children entertaining themselves. That being said, they should be taught that once food arrives, the coloring books go away.

(07-11-2018, 03:27 AM)Dominicus Wrote: I always knew that IHOP was actually a gay brothel.

Duh! I've been saying that for years. Big Grin
-sent by howitzer via the breech.

God's love is manifest in the landscape as in a face.  - John Muir

I want creation to penetrate you with so much admiration that wherever you go, the least plant may bring you clear remembrance of the Creator.  A single plant, a blade of grass, or one speck of dust is sufficient to occupy all your intelligence in beholding the art with which it has been made  - Saint Basil

Heaven is under our feet, as well as over our heads. - Thoreau, Walden
[-] The following 4 users Like Jeeter's post:
  • Dominicus, jovan66102, ServusDei, Zedta
(07-11-2018, 12:17 AM)Mark Williams Wrote: I've written an article that helps traditional Catholics to behave more appropriately in restaurants. Here is the link:

This is so embarrassingly bad it seems more like a satire than anything else. I'm sure the people who lived in traditional societies were not so squeamish and uptight as to get so upset by mess and noise. The past as a squeaky clean Catholic paradise which seems to be implied by this revolution and pre-revolution worldview is simply a fantasy.
"If your heart comes to feel a natural hatred for sin, it has defeated the causes of sin and freed itself from them. Keep hell’s torments in mind; but know that your Helper is at hand. Do nothing that will grieve Him, but say to Him with tears: ‘Be merciful and deliver me, O Lord, for without Thy help I cannot escape from the hands of my enemies.’ Be attentive to your heart, and He will guard you from all evil."

- St. Isaias the Solitary

"Constant action overcomes cold; being still overcomes heat. Purity
and stillness give the correct law to all under heaven."

- Tao Te Ching 45
[-] The following 4 users Like Florus's post:
  • aquinas138, jovan66102, Justin Alphonsus, Zedta
These aristocratic-LARPing neuroses are exactly the kind of stuff that turn people off of traditionalism. Though in fairness, I did forget that part of the Gospels where Our Lord said "Suffer not that babies, young children, invalids or the mentally disabled should enter into a restaurant."
O unashamed intercessor of Christians, ever loyal advocate before the Creator, do not disregard the prayerful voice of sinners but in your goodness hasten to assist us who trustfully cry out to you: Intercede always, O Mother of God, in behalf of those who honor you!
[-] The following 4 users Like aquinas138's post:
  • Florus, jovan66102, Justin Alphonsus, Zedta
(07-11-2018, 12:17 AM)Mark Williams Wrote: I've written an article that helps traditional Catholics to behave more appropriately in restaurants. Here is the link:

Peace.....interesting enough and I for one have seen many of these situations in restaurants.  Part of the problem though, is the restaurant needs to have a party room separate from the main dining area.  This is because any group (dressed properly or not, etiquette or not) can get wound up & loud when together and partying especially if alcohol is involved.  The restaurant is more than likely going to tolerate it for the time they are there - for the money and the big tip at the end and returning business in future.  

We can behave as we like, but there will always be those who disrupt it in places that we have no control over.  Some will pick up our etiquette and others will get on with their outing or party.  I started looking for quieter restaurants - no sports tv, loud music, ongoing trashy news - all of this is not even healthy eating environment.  I did find some better restaurants with better seating or private areas and I generally try to go during a quieter time of day also.  

Just some thoughts - although I do get your point!  Manners and etiquette begin at home and at an early age.....God bless, angeltime Heart
[-] The following 2 users Like angeltime's post:
  • Mark Williams, MaryTN
(07-11-2018, 10:16 AM)aquinas138 Wrote: These aristocratic-LARPing neuroses are exactly the kind of stuff that turn people off of traditionalism. Though in fairness, I did forget that part of the Gospels where Our Lord said "Suffer not that babies, young children, invalids or the mentally disabled should enter into a restaurant."

Traditionalism does not equate to neo-victorianism. Marks been reading too much Tradition In Action, that sites full of this.

Manners and such are important but holding a fork wrongly does not make me a barbarian. Also these folk dont seem to get that manners and customs do change over time, its not all a result of the Revolution.
[-] The following 2 users Like Dominicus's post:
  • aquinas138, jovan66102