Vatican publishes document declaring a “female diaconate” is a possibility
Do the Eastern Churches have the issues we se with the Latin Church these days with homosexuality and modern, protestant like things?

Actually, I have read that they have held off much of the liturgical ruin. Do they have the issue with homosexuality in the clergy? And clergy twisting the teaching like we do?
If they push this, one has to wonder what more left is there to do, before Catholics begin to suspect that the Vatican does not have the Faith, and thus "sede vacant"

Frankly it is beyond past time that an investigation be made into the recent papal conclave, and a serious purging of the Vatican.

They can try female "deacons", it will just further close up parishes and kill the NO chyurch, as it did all the other mainline Protestant denominations.
(07-15-2018, 08:37 AM)austenbosten Wrote: If they push this, one has to wonder what more left is there to do, before Catholics begin to suspect that the Vatican does not have the Faith, and thus "sede vacant"

Frankly, it's much more sensible to conclude that the Roman Catholic Church simply is not what she claims to be. The whole sedevacantism stuff boggles the mind. It's a bunch of folks who see the clear evidence before them that Roman Catholicism is not true, but refuse to interpret the evidence in that way, clinging to their attachment to what the Church used to be. They should have the courage of their convictions and move on to another religion.
But Roman Catholicism is true. It's the on true Faith. Jesus Christ established it. The sedevacantism stuff is just a one way to rationalize the insane pain of the chastisement we're experiencing. How would it be rational for these people to completely jump ship for a false religion?
The people who are moving on to another religion are the ones who are running the  Church.
[-] The following 2 users Like Eric F's post:
  • jovan66102, Some Guy
Why would I lose my faith in the Catholic Church when there are so many prophecies that are coming true right now?

And why do we act surprised?

Shrug
Rome will lose the faith and become the seat of the antichrist. 
The demons of the air together with the Antichrist will perform great wonders  
The Church will be in eclipse

-Our Lady of La Salette

Like Christ, His Bride the Church will undergo its own passion, burial, and resurrection.
-unknown traditional priest

Father Ripperger said that if we are detached from all things, aren't afraid to suffer, and we accept all suffering as the will of God for our sanctity, we have nothing to fear!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Sacred Heart lover's post:
  • Some Guy
(07-15-2018, 09:06 PM)BenedicamDominum Wrote:
(07-15-2018, 08:37 AM)austenbosten Wrote: If they push this, one has to wonder what more left is there to do, before Catholics begin to suspect that the Vatican does not have the Faith, and thus "sede vacant"

Frankly, it's much more sensible to conclude that the Roman Catholic Church simply is not what she claims to be. The whole sedevacantism stuff boggles the mind. It's a bunch of folks who see the clear evidence before them that Roman Catholicism is not true, but refuse to interpret the evidence in that way, clinging to their attachment to what the Church used to be. They should have the courage of their convictions and move on to another religion.

What pray tell do you suppose the true "church" to be? A loosely affiliated group of national sects masquerading as a unified church? 

Nobody here needs or wants your heretical proselitism. We do have courage, that's exactly why we havnt jumped ship. Jesus never said that it would always be smooth sailing.
Surréxit Dóminus vere, Alleluia!
[-] The following 3 users Like Dominicus's post:
  • gospel654, jovan66102, Some Guy
My Catholic faith can survive without a leftist from Argentina who doesn't like to kneel before the Blessed Sacrament.
(07-14-2018, 10:24 PM)Markie Boy Wrote: Do the Eastern Churches have the issues we se with the Latin Church these days with homosexuality and modern, protestant like things?

Actually, I have read that they have held off much of the liturgical ruin.  Do they have the issue with homosexuality in the clergy?  And clergy twisting the teaching like we do?

In the US at least, I don't think homosexual clergy and priestly abuse are problems to the same extent as the Latin rite, but bad stuff does happen in Eastern Churches, Catholic and otherwise. The number of Eastern Christians in the US is so much smaller, though, it's hard to compare directly. Some of the Orthodox jurisdictions have been too quick to accept irregular clergy and episcopi vagantes and ended up getting bitten a few times by charlatans.

Liturgically, it's a mixed bag. I'm sure there are some whackadoos out there, but generally speaking, Eastern liturgical abuses tend to pale in comparison to the monstrosities that occur in Latin parishes, and the reforms in most Eastern rites are nowhere near as extreme as the Novus Ordo. Among non-Catholics, I know the Coptic Orthodox in the US have a problem with Protestant and Protestant-style hymns being used instead of proper chants, and correction from the Mother Church is not routinely heeded.
O unashamed intercessor of Christians, ever loyal advocate before the Creator, do not disregard the prayerful voice of sinners but in your goodness hasten to assist us who trustfully cry out to you: Intercede always, O Mother of God, in behalf of those who honor you!