On the False and Dark Church...
Yes, we do have to 'Keep the Faith' and Our Lord's words are always true, but how His Church shall prevail against the onslaught was not revealed by Him, only that it would not succumb.

The Church has been, indeed, invaded by a cancer-like creature that is eating away at her from the inside out. She is struggling to keep her demeanor and is heavily relying upon her inner strength to sustain herself. Like a person suffering from a disease such as cancer, they often loose friends over time as they cannot deal with watching the whole painful ordeal take its toll. This does not help the victim and the appearance of the suffering one becomes less and less as they once were.

Our Church is like this suffering victim of cancer and quite literally so. One can only hope and pray, and I feel the 'cure' will come, somehow, through Our Lady's intervention, that the cure comes soon and that the cancer is removed and sent to the ovens for destruction and that it comes soon.
One should have an open mind; open enough that things get in, but not so open that everything falls out
Art Bell

The individual is handicapped by coming face to face with a conspiracy so monstrous that he cannot believe it exists.
J Edgar Hoover

I don't need a good memory, because I always tell the truth.
Jessie Ventura

Its no wonder truth is stranger than fiction.
Fiction has to make sense
Mark Twain

If history doesn't repeat itself, it sure does rhyme.
Mark Twain
[-] The following 2 users Like Zedta's post:
  • Sacred Heart lover, Some Guy
We must remember the words of Jesus in Matthew 7:21 - “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven."

I think we have clergy not doing the will of the Father. I don't think merely holding a Church office makes them part of the Church. Not that I am all for the invisible Church either.

In talking with my friend who's an ex seminarian - we agree one needs to be both part of the Visible Church, and have that invisible dedication to the Lord.

Today we have many politicians in visible Church offices - some of which I don't see the marks of true conversion.
(07-14-2018, 09:34 PM)Markie Boy Wrote: We must remember the words of Jesus in Matthew 7:21 - “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven."

I think we have clergy not doing the will of the Father.  I don't think merely holding a Church office makes them part of the Church.  Not that I am all for the invisible Church either.  

In talking with my friend who's an ex seminarian - we agree one needs to be both part of the Visible Church, and have that invisible dedication to the Lord.  

Today we have many politicians in visible Church offices - some of which I don't see the marks of true conversion.

I'm pretty sure MM was talking about the visible Church as a sign that it has prevailed against the gates of Hell as in Matt 16:18.

The visible Church is one of the things that separates us from the Protestants.

So if the Church goes underground or is in eclipse, is it still visible?  Does it have a visible head?
Rome will lose the faith and become the seat of the antichrist. 
The demons of the air together with the Antichrist will perform great wonders  
The Church will be in eclipse

-Our Lady of La Salette

Like Christ, His Bride the Church will undergo its own passion, burial, and resurrection.
-unknown traditional priest

Father Ripperger said that if we are detached from all things, aren't afraid to suffer, and we accept all suffering as the will of God for our sanctity, we have nothing to fear!
That's a huge question. We are at a tipping point where the Church does not look much different from the World. Massive clergy corruption and sin, and membership that contracepts and divorces at the same rate as the rest of the world.

Ekklesia -"Church" - means called out assembly. Today the Catholic Church does not look Visibly called out - it looks the same as the world. Or in the rate of homosexuality of the clergy - it looks worse.

Now if you look at the small group within the institution that's really dedicated - they look called out.
                                          The new catholic church of Jorge Bergoglio isn't really that different from Antifa, with the exception that it doesn't advocate violence or openly support abortion. Just about everything else is similar, unconditional support for illegal aliens, support for Islam, support for homosexuality, totally inconsistent definitions of what racism is, support for radical feminism, calls for government to create a classless society, open borders, abolition of nations, etc.   And of course, when you really look at it, and you see the acting pope and his minions openly discouraging pro-life activities while ignoring votes on abortion in Ireland and Argentina, while cozying up to people who are part of the culture of death, one could hardly consider the new Vatican to be pro-life. And finally, while not advocating violence, like the people in the black masks, the de-facto Bishop of San Diego Robert McElroy has called on people to Disrupt the activities of those who oppose illegal migrants, Muslims, etc, so I hardly think the Antifa comparison is that outrageous.
(07-15-2018, 08:43 AM)Eric F Wrote:                                           The new catholic church of Jorge Bergoglio isn't really that different from Antifa, with the exception that it doesn't advocate violence or openly support abortion. Just about everything else is similar, unconditional support for illegal aliens, support for Islam, support for homosexuality, totally inconsistent definitions of what racism is, support for radical feminism, calls for government to create a classless society, open borders, abolition of nations, etc.   And of course, when you really look at it, and you see the acting pope and his minions openly discouraging pro-life activities while ignoring votes on abortion in Ireland and Argentina, while cozying up to people who are part of the culture of death, one could hardly consider the new Vatican to be pro-life. And finally, while not advocating violence, like the people in the black masks, the de-facto Bishop of San Diego Robert McElroy has called on people to Disrupt the activities of those who oppose illegal migrants, Muslims, etc, so I hardly think the Antifa comparison is that outrageous.

Wow - where is this from?
Peace.....well, Jesus did say "beware of wolves in sheep's clothing!"  God bless, angeltime Heart
(07-14-2018, 02:16 PM)Zedta Wrote: I remember well, when I was in (Catholic) High School and all the changes began in the Church, and they came swiftly and with a vengeance as I recall. First the moving of the Tabernacle and the rearrangement of the Altar. They closed Churches, often, to accomplish this and at the Parish of my upbringing as well as the one where the High School was located, we were going to Mass in the Parish Hall, both once the Parish Church that had been outgrown. We were 'treated' to the new Altar configuration here, with the celebrant facing the people and new 'booklets' handed about in the new Mass, the shortened and colloquial language editions. It was very strange and most disorienting. Many felt a palpable uneasiness in the Parishioners over these changes.

Even the music was changing and unaccustomed Protestant-leaning hymns were being sung, with the force of 'inclusion'. Even our Senior Year Book, a short time later was changed from the school mascot's "Guards" (as in like the Papal Swiss Guards) to "Avant -garde".

This whole thing really eroded my faith with time and I fell away from the Church for many years, became quite lukewarm and even cool, until my mid-twenties. But even then, I was led astray by some Benedictine Monk Priests at a University, into the more liberal thought and practice of the  'Neo-Catholicism'.

These lukewarm convictions have been what I have seen become tenets and norms within the Church today and I have been able to recognize them, having lived the changes and still having strong memories of how the Church was before the evil parts of Vatican II (as in "In the Spirit of Vatican II...[fill in the blank]" kind of errors) became apparent and even prevalent.

I thank Our Lady for my rescue!

You had some time away and did not have to really deal with the dissonance and mental tension of trying to reconcile what happened , but do you ever just become unmotivated now?

We have been waiting so long for this spiritual chastisement to mercifully come to an end but it just progressively gets worse, with the Vatican II mentality further cemented in the newer generations. Most Trads never even experienced the pre Vatican II Church. 

I came to the devastating dilemma a while ago but have been experiencing serious fatigue and hopelessness. Saving one's soul was hard enough when the Church was in tact and sacraments offered were unquestionable. How does one hope to marry well and raise a family in this environment without any support?  It's overwhelming.

Quite frankly I am tempted to throw in the towel at times and just alert me if something happens that is truly assuring.
Peace.....well, don't throw in the towel!  It's all a call to prayer penance and fasting as the Blessed Mother has asked us to do.  Jesus said, "Cast your cares upon me....." so he is taking care of it. We are coming to realize it is much bigger than us!  I recently heard that God is waiting to lower the boom so to speak, so the Remnant can have time to build up.  We won't eliminate the chastisement and cleansing, but reduce it with our prayers.  God bless, angeltime Heart
Quote:BC
I came to the devastating dilemma a while ago but have been experiencing serious fatigue and hopelessness. Saving one's soul was hard enough when the Church was in tact and sacraments offered were unquestionable. How does one hope to marry well and raise a family in this environment without any support?  It's overwhelming.

Quite frankly I am tempted to throw in the towel at times and just alert me if something happens that is truly assuring.

I'm so sorry it's getting you down, BC.

I've processed through a great deal of depression and despair over it myself.

It's especially hard when you try to communicate your feelings to other Catholics and their attitude is either oblivious or just, "Don't get so worked up about it," or "I just try not to think about those things."  Um, I just can't not think about "those things".  Maybe it's because I'm melancholic?  Also, Scripture tells us that the antichrist will deceive the elect and their eyes won't see nor their ears hear, so it's only to be expected.

If I watch a movie like Quo Vadis, I realize how much easier it is for us than it was in those days!  I mean, St. Felicity giving birth and handing off her baby before being led into the arena!  Yeah, we need to be prepared to be that detached and that strong in our faith. They didn't have a Vatican and huge monolithic Church or 2000 year history, or the writings of St. Thomas Aquinas and other saints, or catechisms to rely upon and give them strength.  

Plus, we don't worship the Church and God is radically detaching us from absolutely everything but Him.  The Church will always be there, but not the strong imposing edifice we have come to rely upon.  It will resemble the Crucified One.

I may be strange, but I kind of get more hopeful as evil is rearing its ugly head more and more.

For one thing, so many prophecies are coming true.  That is a boon to my faith and should be to others as well.  (Father Ripperger talks about that in his recent series as well as complete detachment.)

Also, I think there will be conversions as things such as pedophilia and incest etc are pushed into the norm.

I'm excited that this radical detachment, persecution and suffering will aid us in becoming saints!  I'm not very good at self-denial, so I'm grateful that God in His mercy is stripping me of everything and I just continue to pray that His grace will allow me to endure it and grow in whatever virtues He sees that I am lacking.

What's more, Jesus has not abandoned us!  He is still here on our altars every single day.  As we go through this crucifixion and burial as He did, we will need to imitate Him more and more.

And ultimately, Mary will not abandon us!  Even if we lose access to the sacraments, as Fr Ripperger warns may happen, we will have our rosary and her Immaculate Heart will reign in the end.

Taking things only one day at a time and practicing immense gratitude for every little thing God provides us today will also help us get through this.  Especially every little grace we receive through the Church, it's sacraments and sacramentals.  If we open our Bible, "Thank you Lord for guiding the Church to compile and preserve these Sacred Scriptures."  If we pray to a saint, "Thank you Lord for the graces these Holy Saints received through your Church to be our guides and models."  If you receive a sacrament, receive it as if it may be your last time with all the gratitude of your heart.  

In this way we can grow in appreciation for all we have been given, and still are given, from the hard work of our ancestors and current clergy in the Church as imperfect as they may be.

If you haven't read it, I highly recommend this short book, Trustful Surrender to Divine Providence.  St. Claude wrote it while in prison.  Free online here:

http://www.saintsbooks.net/books/Fr.%20J...idence.pdf

So, if you get married, that'll be good, and if you don't, that'll be good, and if tribulations start tomorrow, that'll be good, and if they don't come in our lifetime, that'll be good.  WHATEVER GOD WILLS for our salvation will be good!  And if we love His will, we will be at peace.   Heart
Rome will lose the faith and become the seat of the antichrist. 
The demons of the air together with the Antichrist will perform great wonders  
The Church will be in eclipse

-Our Lady of La Salette

Like Christ, His Bride the Church will undergo its own passion, burial, and resurrection.
-unknown traditional priest

Father Ripperger said that if we are detached from all things, aren't afraid to suffer, and we accept all suffering as the will of God for our sanctity, we have nothing to fear!
[-] The following 2 users Like Sacred Heart lover's post:
  • BC, Some Guy