Do you think it's wrong if...
Question 
someone becomes Catholic simply because they want to go to Heaven?
“Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it."
(07-14-2018, 09:36 PM)BrianW99 Wrote: someone becomes Catholic simply because they want to go to Heaven?

No. 

Becoming Catholic is just the beginning of the journey. Once they are confirmed and continue to receive the Holy Eucharist, more light will be given to them. In time, with God's Grace, they will have more reasons for being Catholic.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Margaret-Mary's post:
  • BrianW99
I agree with Margaret-Mary. Isn't that, ultimately, the reason people convert and stay in the Church, even in these trying times? If I didn't want to go to heaven I'd be gone in a heartbeat given what's going on in the Church.
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
  “Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog also.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'

[-] The following 2 users Like jovan66102's post:
  • BrianW99, karl
That's what it's there for. Smile
Rome will lose the faith and become the seat of the antichrist. 
The demons of the air together with the Antichrist will perform great wonders  
The Church will be in eclipse

-Our Lady of La Salette

Like Christ, His Bride the Church will undergo its own passion, burial, and resurrection.
-unknown traditional priest

Father Ripperger said that if we are detached from all things, aren't afraid to suffer, and we accept all suffering as the will of God for our sanctity, we have nothing to fear!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Sacred Heart lover's post:
  • BrianW99
In my more sentimental moments, attempting to imagine what worshiping God in heaven will be like waters my eyes up a bit.

I sorta have a hunch that your question is actually, is it wrong to want to be Catholic simply to avoid hell? And it is my understanding that while this is an adequate reason, it is not a perfect reason. Our love for God should ultimately be central. But going along with the above posts, God sanctifies us over time. This hypothetical person, if they grow in Faith and Religion will eventually love God more than they fear hell.
[-] The following 3 users Like Some Guy's post:
  • BrianW99, Catherine, Dominicus
That is why I am a Catholic, because I want to go to Heaven
[-] The following 1 user Likes Poche's post:
  • BrianW99
(07-14-2018, 09:36 PM)BrianW99 Wrote: someone becomes Catholic simply because they want to go to Heaven?

Becoming Catholic out of a simplistic desire to go to Heaven is the simplest, most authentic, and logical reason to become one.
[-] The following 1 user Likes austenbosten's post:
  • BrianW99
(07-14-2018, 09:39 PM)Margaret-Mary Wrote:

No. 

Becoming Catholic is just the beginning of the journey. Once they are confirmed and continue to receive the Holy Eucharist, more light will be given to them. In time, with God's Grace, they will have more reasons for being Catholic.
Peace.....I think it's a very good reason and start for their journey!  They are also showing conviction that the Catholic path is thee path.  God bless, angeltime Heart
[-] The following 1 user Likes angeltime's post:
  • BrianW99
Why else would one become Catholic?
MonstranceDeo Gratias et Ave Maria! Monstrance
Pray the Rosary
[-] The following 1 user Likes ServusDei's post:
  • BrianW99
Many years ago I was around a large number of Muslims. Many of them asked me, "When will you become a Muslim?" I answered that I would do that when I was convinced that I would not go to Hell for doing so. 
Smile Smile Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes Poche's post:
  • BrianW99