Islam and the current Catechism
I'm not a fan of the current Catechism's statement that Muslims worship the same God as Christians.

Anyone else on this?  And do you use the current Catechism?

Is this another incremental erosion on the way to One World Order or Masonry?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Markie Boy's post:
  • Sacred Heart lover
(07-15-2018, 11:10 AM)Markie Boy Wrote: I'm not a fan of the current Catechism's statement that Muslims worship the same God as Christians.

We've discussed this here several times. My opinion is that the statement's correct but not that meaningful, since just because one worships God doesn't mean you'll go to heaven. Jews worship the same God despite not believing Jesus is God; belief in the Trinity might be necessary for salvation, but refusing to accept that God is a Trinity doesn't mean you're speaking about some other god. I wouldn't say that the Arians believe in "another Jesus" even though they deny His divinity - they're simply wrong about Him. Others disagree.

I think it's meant as a starting point for evangelisation, but like so much else, it's used by liberal clergy to push religious indifferentism. The current Catechism is not itself infallible, but only so much as the statements in it are based on where they come from. Some of it is simply John Paul II's and Benedict XVI's opinion, such as the parts on the death penalty.
(07-15-2018, 11:10 AM)Markie Boy Wrote: I'm not a fan of the current Catechism's statement that Muslims worship the same God as Christians.

There is only one God, and He is a Trinity. The Jews may once have worshipped God in their time, but after Churst who revealed God is a Trinity, they refused to accept God the Son, Jesus Christ, as God. So they do not worship God.
Likewise, Muslims do not worship the Trinity so they do not worship the same God as Catholics. Any 'god' that is not the Trinity is not God. Indeed in the Scriptures it describes all pasgan gods as devils.

I recall once going to an 'indult' Latin Mass. In the homily the priest said Islam has the same God as Catholics. After the Mass I challenged him and he said 'Here you get Vatican II catechism, if you want tradition find a SSPX church. 'Thank you Father I said.' I found an SSPX church and found the CVatholicism I was reared with. ,Bestest advice I ever got.
[-] The following 3 users Like cassini's post:
  • angeltime, BC, Sacred Heart lover
I am reminded of an experience I had years ago.  I had a very good friend, a Muslim from Saudi Arabia. His grandfather was from Nigeria who had made the hadj and stayed in Arabia. One day he asked me what Christians believe. I could think of nothing better than to recite the Nicene Creed. When I got to 'I believe in one Lord Jesus Christ, the Only Begotten Son of God, born of the Father before all ages. God from God, Light from Light, true God from true God, begotten, not made, consubstantial with the Father', Mohammed would have turned white with horror at my 'blasphemy' had he been able to! I am convinced that our friendship notwithstanding, had we been in Saudi Arabia he would have summoned the mutaween (religious police) and I would have faced caning or possibly execution for my 'crime'.

Plainly horrified, he asked, 'Not all Christians believe that, surely'? I had to be honest and admit that some of the more left wing sects of heretics no longer did, but that it was a fair statement of the historic belief of all Christians, Catholic, Orthodox and protestant. He made it quite clear that he and I didn't worship the same God.

You might also want to read this article I shared on my blog, On Islam, Catholics Can’t Have a Sixties Mindset Anymore.
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
  “Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog also.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'

On the subject of the Catechism you might also want to read the BOOK OF ACCUSATION, To his Holiness pope John Paul II, book of accusation for HERESY against the Author of the supposed catechism of the catholic Church a catechism of pride, a catechesis of deceit, by Fr. Georges de Nantes.

St Bernard of Clairvaux

Muslims and Jews worship God materially but not formally. They believe they worship God but in reality worship false gods of their own creation.

I can think of a few Catholics who likewise believe they worship God but in fact worship idols dressed like Him.
Surréxit Dóminus vere, Alleluia!
[-] The following 2 users Like Dominicus's post:
  • MagisterMusicae, Sacred Heart lover
Quote:Paul
Jews worship the same God despite not believing Jesus is God

I used to believe that too, Paul.  After looking into it further, I've come to realize that they worship the god of the Talmud and Zohar, which is very different from the God of the Old Testament.

In reality, they believe the Jewish people are now god.  The Jewish people are supreme and so far above the goyim (name means cattle) who are animals created to serve them.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSsloxvnRjCRtd_xsalYEn...kgszkylJ8Q]

That's Rabbi Schneerson who is known as one of their "messiahs".

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSRQ9VFPnZILDyvtacws0c...9BlZrMqhdQ]
Rome will lose the faith and become the seat of the antichrist. 
The demons of the air together with the Antichrist will perform great wonders  
The Church will be in eclipse

-Our Lady of La Salette

Like Christ, His Bride the Church will undergo its own passion, burial, and resurrection.
-unknown traditional priest

Father Ripperger said that if we are detached from all things, aren't afraid to suffer, and we accept all suffering as the will of God for our sanctity, we have nothing to fear!
(07-15-2018, 03:27 PM)Sacred Heart lover Wrote: goyim (name means cattle) 

Huh Huh Huh  Goyim means 'nations' (singular, 'goy', nation). It is a synonym of nokrim (singular, nokri) meaning 'stranger' or 'non-Jew'.

St Bernard of Clairvaux

Modern Talmudic Judaism is not Judaism as Jesus knew it. They believe that "Jewish" souls are essentially emanations of God and that by practicing Kabballa they may ascend to rejoin with Him. They believe that non-jews aka goyim are essentially animals in human form and that only exist to be servants to the "chosen people".

Now of course most Jews don't actually know this about their religion but all this is in their Talmud.
(07-15-2018, 03:34 PM)jovan66102 Wrote:
(07-15-2018, 03:27 PM)Sacred Heart lover Wrote: goyim (name means cattle) 

Huh Huh Huh  Goyim means 'nations' (singular, 'goy', nation). It is a synonym of nokrim (singular, nokri) meaning 'stranger' or 'non-Jew'.
Correct but in Talmudist believe the gentiles are essentially cattle.