The best thing a man can do for his children is.....
(07-16-2018, 10:32 AM)angeltime Wrote: Peace.....those tv shows that belittle the man are junk and not real to life at all when some of the hard facts set in day to day.  There needs to be mutual respect in any relationship and for children to have a well-balanced emotional life and example for their own future decisions.  We all have weaknesses and that is why the "other" is there to fill that gap - but not to belittle or harrass.  Society really is functioning at an immature level and copying the wrong set of ideals.  God bless, angeltime Heart

Ehh. you responded before I could edit!  Didn't really want that last part in there as not really relevant and a bit of a tangent...

Apologies..
(07-16-2018, 10:37 AM)BC Wrote:
(07-16-2018, 10:32 AM)angeltime Wrote: Peace.....those tv shows that belittle the man are junk and not real to life at all when some of the hard facts set in day to day.  There needs to be mutual respect in any relationship and for children to have a well-balanced emotional life and example for their own future decisions.  We all have weaknesses and that is why the "other" is there to fill that gap - but not to belittle or harrass.  Society really is functioning at an immature level and copying the wrong set of ideals.  God bless, angeltime Heart

Ehh. you responded before I could edit!  Didn't really want that last part in there as not really relevant and a bit of a tangent...

Apologies..
Peace.....no prob at all!  I just think people need to start respecting each other (both husband and wife) without connecting their weaknesses to cheap comedy or genitals.  It's disgusting....especially in front of the children.  We ALL can have a weakness in our personality or skills and this comes from our own childhood, education or lack of, whatever but not that another especially a spouse should use it as an opportunity to attack.  This is to not to say we have to put our sense of humor aside, but we need to have some sensitivity to the other person - not make it a blooming competition day in and day out.  My husband was very good at math and budgeting finances as well as being very skilled and meticulous at his work, loved outside work at the  house while I did all inside - and I would have been a fool to try to interfere - and yet I was the social butterfly - homemaker - whereas he would not answer the telephone no matter how many times it rang near him!  haha!!  God bless and enjoy your life!!  angeltime Heart
The best thing a man can do for his children is to teach them the Faith by living it.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Poche's post:
  • angeltime
The best thing a man can do for his children is to love God. God is everything Good, in loving Him we participate in His Goodness, and doing that is the best thing we can do for ourselves, our families, and our world.
MonstranceDeo Gratias et Ave Maria! Monstrance
Pray the Rosary
[-] The following 1 user Likes ServusDei's post:
  • angeltime
(07-16-2018, 10:32 AM)angeltime Wrote: Peace.....those tv shows that belittle the man are junk and not real to life at all when some of the hard facts set in day to day. 
Quote:Society really is functioning at an immature level and copying the wrong set of ideals.  God bless, angeltime Heart

At the risk of hijacking this thread, those shows sadly set a standard for society at large by normalizing certain ideas. I think I mentioned it elsewhere on the forum, but I honestly can't remember the last time I saw a show with a normal mother & father.

Aside from that, yes, mutual respect is hugely important. Smile
-sent by howitzer via the breech.

God's love is manifest in the landscape as in a face.  - John Muir

I want creation to penetrate you with so much admiration that wherever you go, the least plant may bring you clear remembrance of the Creator.  A single plant, a blade of grass, or one speck of dust is sufficient to occupy all your intelligence in beholding the art with which it has been made  - Saint Basil

Heaven is under our feet, as well as over our heads. - Thoreau, Walden