A new course for the SSPX
(07-17-2018, 08:34 PM)Dominicus Wrote: Please quit advertising your blog here. If your going to post your articles then at least talk about them instead of blatant advertising.

I honestly doubt anyone here is going to be pulled into reading it by saying stuff like "Don't miss this interesting and informative article!". If anything it just makes you sound rather conceited.

Given the drivel he's spouting, I'm sure he's desperate for hits.
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
  “Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog also.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'

(07-17-2018, 11:57 PM)jovan66102 Wrote:
(07-17-2018, 08:34 PM)Dominicus Wrote: Please quit advertising your blog here. If your going to post your articles then at least talk about them instead of blatant advertising.

I honestly doubt anyone here is going to be pulled into reading it by saying stuff like "Don't miss this interesting and informative article!". If anything it just makes you sound rather conceited.

Given the drivel he's spouting, I'm sure he's desperate for hits.

Actually, I don't receive any money at all for Reign of Mary. The only thing I'm "desperate" for is to spread the counter-revolution and restore Christian civilisation. I'm sure you agree with this.
(07-18-2018, 01:11 AM)Mark Williams Wrote: Actually, I don't receive any money at all for Reign of Mary. The only thing I'm "desperate" for is to spread the counter-revolution and restore Christian civilisation. I'm sure you agree with this.

I do agree but I dislike your methods and many of your ideas as to what constitutes the counter-revolution. I think that it gives other counter-revolutionaries a bad name and that your blatant advertising makes it seem like Fisheaters endorses it.

The first step to counter-revolution is conversion of the heart, not correcting improper fork-handling.
Surréxit Dóminus vere, Alleluia!
[-] The following 2 users Like Dominicus's post:
  • Dominicana, jovan66102
(07-18-2018, 01:11 AM)Mark Williams Wrote: Actually, I don't receive any money at all for Reign of Mary.

Interesting then that I find on this page :

Quote:Donations

If you enjoy Reign of Mary, feel free to make a small donation, it is appreciated and I will remember you in my prayer intentions. 

I'm not saying it's wrong to ask for help of a financial kind for such apostolates, but to ask for donations and then write "I don't receive any money at all" (when the blogger platform is entirely free, so you have nearly zero cost) is somewhat disingenuous.

I would suggest, however, if you are looking to be counter-revolutionary, then self-publishing your own thoughts on cultural and religious matters without oversight from a good priest or others who can balance and help direct your thoughts to avoid error or excess, is more of a revolutionary tactic, not counter-revolutionary.
[-] The following 1 user Likes MagisterMusicae's post:
  • Dominicus
(07-18-2018, 06:24 AM)Dominicus Wrote:
(07-18-2018, 01:11 AM)Mark Williams Wrote: Actually, I don't receive any money at all for Reign of Mary. The only thing I'm "desperate" for is to spread the counter-revolution and restore Christian civilisation. I'm sure you agree with this.

I do agree but I dislike your methods and many of your ideas as to what constitutes the counter-revolution. I think that it gives other counter-revolutionaries a bad name and that your blatant advertising makes it seem like Fisheaters endorses it.

The first step to counter-revolution is conversion of the heart, not correcting improper fork-handling.

But it isn't enough to simply have Christianity, we must also have Christian civilisation. For that to happen, such "trivial" (as many consider them) things as holding forks properly, table manners, etc, suddenly become necessary.

If you actually read our material, you'll find articles on matters pertaining not just to good manners, but also theological issues, news, book reviews, etc. 

(07-18-2018, 05:50 PM)MagisterMusicae Wrote:
(07-18-2018, 01:11 AM)Mark Williams Wrote: Actually, I don't receive any money at all for Reign of Mary.

Interesting then that I find on this page :

Quote:Donations

If you enjoy Reign of Mary, feel free to make a small donation, it is appreciated and I will remember you in my prayer intentions. 

I'm not saying it's wrong to ask for help of a financial kind for such apostolates, but to ask for donations and then write "I don't receive any money at all" (when the blogger platform is entirely free, so you have nearly zero cost) is somewhat disingenuous.

I would suggest, however, if you are looking to be counter-revolutionary, then self-publishing your own thoughts on cultural and religious matters without oversight from a good priest or others who can balance and help direct your thoughts to avoid error or excess, is more of a revolutionary tactic, not counter-revolutionary.

Actually I haven't asked for donations. I've said, if people are so pleased with the material that they wish to make a donation, they are welcome to. Incidentally, I haven't received any donations at all, so make of that what you will...

Your term "good priest" is relative. I don't have access to a non-compromised priest of the Society of St. Pius X. I do not pretend my opinions represent the Catholic Church. But on the other hand, I do not pretend to be some idiot who doesn't know what he's talking about. After reading many books and spending many hours doing research, I feel competent to report facts and give my own opinions on them.

If you do not feel the same, don't read the material.

Sincerely...
(07-17-2018, 11:21 AM)HeadRusch Wrote: I'm confused. If SSPX isnt schismatic, how do you propose that the FSSP is then?

The Fraternity of St. Peter was created by the Vatican for people to schism from the Society of St. Pius X. Incidentally, Fr. Hesse says this means the FSSP wouldn't likely have the blessing of the Holy Spirit.
(07-18-2018, 07:08 PM)Mark Williams Wrote:
(07-17-2018, 11:21 AM)HeadRusch Wrote: I'm confused. If SSPX isnt schismatic, how do you propose that the FSSP is then?

The Fraternity of St. Peter was created by the Vatican for people to schism from the Society of St. Pius X. Incidentally, Fr. Hesse says this means the FSSP wouldn't likely have the blessing of the Holy Spirit.

What in the world does "the blessing of the Holy Spirit" mean? I highly doubt the SSPX is divinely inspired regardless of how good it is.
(07-18-2018, 07:42 PM)Dominicus Wrote:
(07-18-2018, 07:08 PM)Mark Williams Wrote:

What in the world does "the blessing of the Holy Spirit" mean? I highly doubt the SSPX is divinely inspired regardless of how good it is.

No idea. I like to keep things ambiguous to keep you on your toes!
Well good to know we are on the same page.
(07-18-2018, 06:09 PM)Mark Williams Wrote: Your term "good priest" is relative. I don't have access to a non-compromised priest of the Society of St. Pius X. I do not pretend my opinions represent the Catholic Church. But on the other hand, I do not pretend to be some idiot who doesn't know what he's talking about. After reading many books and spending many hours doing research, I feel competent to report facts and give my own opinions on them.

There's the issue.

So, after reading "many books and doing many hours of research" you feel competent to sit in judgement of priests of the SSPX to determine if they are "compromised" or not.

Seeing as even the newbie priest which you might be dealing with has done seven years reading far better books and doing far more "hours of research" including a seven year practical living out of the spiritual life in a quasi-monastic setting, including an hour of scripture and spiritual reading each day, at least a half hour of meditation, plus several hours of study of St. Thomas Aquinas, and then most of the priests you are dealing with will have additional many years of practical pastoral formation and learning under their belt, do you honestly think yourself that much more qualified than the priest?

So from whence do you obtain the sacraments? From said "compromised" priests? Do you trust such priests with their confessional advice, or do you also know more than they do in this realm, too?
[-] The following 2 users Like MagisterMusicae's post:
  • Dominicana, jovan66102