Poison Ivy
Well it appears my long time claims of being immune to it are not true, unless of course it's something else entirely. Last week, in very hot weather, I spent a few days, cutting out vines, shrubs, plants, from someone's overgrown back porch, and I didn't dress very sensibly for it. The first 2 days I didn't even use mosquito repellent, and so thought at first, I had alot of bites, which I did, including a few spider bites, but the last 3 days, it appears that I did get poison ivy.  At the moment I have it from the knees down, part of my stomach and right forearm, and have been trying everything. Caladryl, Bactine, Apple Cider Vinegar, Banana skins, cool baths, and there hasn't been much improvement. The irritation comes and goes, and I've noticed it's much better to be in a cool environment. Never had it before, and I've worked around poison ivy on an almost daily basis.
(07-18-2018, 09:31 AM)Eric F Wrote: Well it appears my long time claims of being immune to it are not true, unless of course it's something else entirely. Last week, in very hot weather, I spent a few days, cutting out vines, shrubs, plants, from someone's overgrown back porch, and I didn't dress very sensibly for it. The first 2 days I didn't even use mosquito repellent, and so thought at first, I had alot of bites, which I did, including a few spider bites, but the last 3 days, it appears that I did get poison ivy.  At the moment I have it from the knees down, part of my stomach and right forearm, and have been trying everything. Caladryl, Bactine, Apple Cider Vinegar, Banana skins, cool baths, and there hasn't been much improvement. The irritation comes and goes, and I've noticed it's much better to be in a cool environment. Never had it before, and I've worked around poison ivy on an almost daily basis.

Owwww!  That sounds miserable.  sad

Aloe vera gel is cool and soothing, at least until it sinks in.
Rome will lose the faith and become the seat of the antichrist. 
The demons of the air together with the Antichrist will perform great wonders  
The Church will be in eclipse

-Our Lady of La Salette

Like Christ, His Bride the Church will undergo its own passion, burial, and resurrection.
-unknown traditional priest

Father Ripperger said that if we are detached from all things, aren't afraid to suffer, and we accept all suffering as the will of God for our sanctity, we have nothing to fear!
(07-18-2018, 09:31 AM)Eric F Wrote: Well it appears my long time claims of being immune to it are not true, unless of course it's something else entirely. Last week, in very hot weather, I spent a few days, cutting out vines, shrubs, plants, from someone's overgrown back porch, and I didn't dress very sensibly for it. The first 2 days I didn't even use mosquito repellent, and so thought at first, I had alot of bites, which I did, including a few spider bites, but the last 3 days, it appears that I did get poison ivy.  At the moment I have it from the knees down, part of my stomach and right forearm, and have been trying everything. Caladryl, Bactine, Apple Cider Vinegar, Banana skins, cool baths, and there hasn't been much improvement. The irritation comes and goes, and I've noticed it's much better to be in a cool environment. Never had it before, and I've worked around poison ivy on an almost daily basis.
Peace.....Calamine Lotion.  God bless, angeltime Heart
Caladryl is Calamine lotion with Benadryl added to ease the allergic reaction. For the rash, you need a good steroidal ointment, at least 5%. Corn starch baths have been helpful for some sufferers.
One should have an open mind; open enough that things get in, but not so open that everything falls out
Art Bell

The individual is handicapped by coming face to face with a conspiracy so monstrous that he cannot believe it exists.
J Edgar Hoover

I don't need a good memory, because I always tell the truth.
Jessie Ventura

Its no wonder truth is stranger than fiction.
Fiction has to make sense
Mark Twain

If history doesn't repeat itself, it sure does rhyme.
Mark Twain
What's best is to let it go untreated and offer up the irratation and pain for the Holy Souls in Purgatory. Much more beneficial to your soul and theirs.
MonstranceDeo Gratias et Ave Maria! Monstrance
Pray the Rosary
Eric, it's not surprising that you've just developed an allergic reaction to poison ivy. Many people develop allergies later in life. For example, when I was a boy, I had no hayfever allergies whatsoever. That was a good thing, because I grew up on a farm, cutting weeds out of the corn with pollen drifting down my neck, bucking alfalfa bales in a dusty hayloft, working with straw in the chicken coops and the cow barn, etc. No problem. Now? Spring is a nightmare of sneezing and watering eyes. If it's dry, the dust gets me. If it's damp, it's the leaf mold. Not sure when I developed them, but I sure have allergies now.
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
  “Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog also.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'

Peace.....it might  be good to wash with goat's milk soap too!  I did that for a terrible rash and it disappeard very quickly - it might not give you immediate disappearance but some soothing relief! 
 God bless, angeltime Heart
If you are at all into home remedies plantain juice is very good for sunburns, rashes, bites, and stings. You can probably find them right in any yard.
Surréxit Dóminus vere, Alleluia!
I have very bad reactions to poison Ivy. When I get it I get it everywhere. I have tried every remedy known to man. I haven't found anything to get rid of it faster. All I try to do is reduce the itching. Stay cool is the best thing. 
If I have to get out in the weeds I have a pair of coveralls that I ware. My kids laugh at me all the time because it could be 100° and I'll have my coveralls on. But thats what I have to do.
Bob

If my dog doesn't like you maybe I shouldn't either!!

“No one in the world can change Truth!”
St. Maximilian Kolbe, PRAY FOR US!
(07-18-2018, 03:56 PM)Zedta Wrote: Caladryl is Calamine lotion with Benadryl added to ease the allergic reaction. For the rash, you need a good steroidal ointment, at least 5%. Corn starch baths have been helpful for some sufferers.

Apologies; I may have been unclear about the type of medication. Steroidal cream would be better described as hydro-cortisone cream. It can be purchased over the counter and the drug store and I think it is available up to a 10% strength. Be sure to wash the area with soap and water prior to medicating the area and make sure you don't scratch the areas as this will spread the toxins around and deeper into the skin. Also be sure to wash the clothing thoroughly before you reuse them since the plant will leave residue on them.
One should have an open mind; open enough that things get in, but not so open that everything falls out
Art Bell

The individual is handicapped by coming face to face with a conspiracy so monstrous that he cannot believe it exists.
J Edgar Hoover

I don't need a good memory, because I always tell the truth.
Jessie Ventura

Its no wonder truth is stranger than fiction.
Fiction has to make sense
Mark Twain

If history doesn't repeat itself, it sure does rhyme.
Mark Twain