Poison Ivy
Had it since Monday now and it eased up a bit on my arm and stomach, but calves are still pretty bad. I think I've had the best luck with Apple Cider Vinegar, it stings a bit, but works pretty well on the itching.  I'm actually trying to confirm that it's poison ivy that I have. Looking at photos online it appears it can vary quite a bit in the way it effects skin.
(07-20-2018, 11:27 AM)BobR67 Wrote: I have very bad reactions to poison Ivy. When I get it I get it everywhere. I have tried every remedy known to man. I haven't found anything to get rid of it faster. All I try to do is reduce the itching. Stay cool is the best thing. 
If I have to get out in the weeds I have a pair of coveralls that I ware. My kids laugh at me all the time because it could be 100° and I'll have my coveralls on. But thats what I have to do.
Peace.....I haven't read up on it, but I do think Poison Ivy has to run its course - you will get relief from certain remedies, but not be rid of it.....God bless, angeltime Heart
And goats eat it.
(07-20-2018, 12:32 PM)Eric F Wrote: Had it since Monday now and it eased up a bit on my arm and stomach, but calves are still pretty bad. I think I've had the best luck with Apple Cider Vinegar, it stings a bit, but works pretty well on the itching.  I'm actually trying to confirm that it's poison ivy that I have. Looking at photos online it appears it can vary quite a bit in the way it effects skin.

Peace.....another thing that might bring relief is natural goat's milk soap - not expensive.  God bless, angeltime Heart
(07-18-2018, 04:24 PM)jovan66102 Wrote: Now? Spring is a nightmare of sneezing and watering eyes. If it's dry, the dust gets me. If it's damp, it's the leaf mold. Not sure when I developed them, but I sure have allergies now.
 And, to top it off, there's a reason Nebraska is called the 'Corn State' and the university mascot is a 'Corn Husker'. Our house is, literally, one block from a major cornfield. The Parish Church grounds abut on a cornfield. This is the Farmers' Co-op last fall during harvest. Not the greatest picture, but those are full sized pickups sitting next to that pile of shelled corn.

[Image: corn.jpg]
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
  “Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog also.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'

(07-20-2018, 03:23 PM)jovan66102 Wrote:
(07-18-2018, 04:24 PM)jovan66102 Wrote: Now? Spring is a nightmare of sneezing and watering eyes. If it's dry, the dust gets me. If it's damp, it's the leaf mold. Not sure when I developed them, but I sure have allergies now.
 And, to top it off, there's a reason Nebraska is called the 'Corn State' and the university mascot is a 'Corn Husker'. Our house is, literally, one block from a major cornfield. The Parish Church grounds abut on a cornfield. This is the Farmers' Co-op last fall during harvest. Not the greatest picture, but those are full sized pickups sitting next to that pile of shelled corn.

[Image: corn.jpg]
peace.....lucky you!  you must get lots of free or cheap corn!!  God bless, angeltime Heart
(07-20-2018, 03:57 PM)angeltime Wrote:
peace.....lucky you!  you must get lots of free or cheap corn!!  God bless, angeltime Heart

LOL It's called 'feed corn' for a reason. It all goes to animal feed or ethanol production.

St Bernard of Clairvaux

[-] The following 1 user Likes jovan66102's post:
  • angeltime
Designate each bump to a soul in danger of the fires of Hell and offer it up for them! Smile
Rome will lose the faith and become the seat of the antichrist. 
The demons of the air together with the Antichrist will perform great wonders  
The Church will be in eclipse

-Our Lady of La Salette

Like Christ, His Bride the Church will undergo its own passion, burial, and resurrection.
-unknown traditional priest

Father Ripperger said that if we are detached from all things, aren't afraid to suffer, and we accept all suffering as the will of God for our sanctity, we have nothing to fear!
(07-20-2018, 04:02 PM)jovan66102 Wrote:
(07-20-2018, 03:57 PM)angeltime Wrote:

LOL It's called 'feed corn' for a reason. It all goes to animal feed or ethanol production.

I'd bet its GMO corn and sprayed with glyphosate as well, prior to harvest.
One should have an open mind; open enough that things get in, but not so open that everything falls out
Art Bell

The individual is handicapped by coming face to face with a conspiracy so monstrous that he cannot believe it exists.
J Edgar Hoover

I don't need a good memory, because I always tell the truth.
Jessie Ventura

Its no wonder truth is stranger than fiction.
Fiction has to make sense
Mark Twain

If history doesn't repeat itself, it sure does rhyme.
Mark Twain
(07-21-2018, 09:04 AM)Zedta Wrote: I'd bet its GMO corn and sprayed with glyphosate as well, prior to harvest.

Yep! They have to be GMO to resist the glyphosate. In fact for an old farm boy, seeing the fields as they grow is weird. All the plants are exactly the same height and the ears are the same distance from the ground, unlike corn when I was a boy, stalks of varying height and ears randomly positioned on the stalks.

St Bernard of Clairvaux