Our Lady of Revelation
Couldn't be more relevant!  Well worth the investment in time.  :thumb:

Rome will lose the faith and become the seat of the antichrist. 
The demons of the air together with the Antichrist will perform great wonders  
The Church will be in eclipse

-Our Lady of La Salette

Like Christ, His Bride the Church will undergo its own passion, burial, and resurrection.
-unknown traditional priest

Father Ripperger said that if we are detached from all things, aren't afraid to suffer, and we accept all suffering as the will of God for our sanctity, we have nothing to fear!
The Church has neither approved, nor condemned this apparition, but like any claimed apparition, it is wise to be very wary of it until the Church should assure us that it is safe.

Some proponents argue that since John Paul II blessed three statues of Our Lady of Revelation, this was his approval, but since John Paul II would bless whatever you happened to bring with you, vegetable, animal or mineral, that's hardly a good argument. John Paul II accepted as a gift several traditional breviaries, but I doubt if he every used them, and think that hardly suggests he was a proponent of the traditional liturgy.

I have not had time, nor will I, I suspect, to review the videos, but from the little I have read on it, it does seem to be a bit fantastical and over-explanatory in its scope. If you consider Fatima, for instance, Our Lady said little, and what she did say was a very cursory explanation of things and requests : "Russia will spread her errors" without a detailed explanation of what that meant, for instance.

One of the first hallmarks of a false apparition is that it goes far beyond what most approved apparitions do either in their explanatory scope, their length, their requests, or their promises. The first impression I have here is skeptical, but I am not saying it is certainly false, and would need to evaluate it, which I really cannot afford time to do. If authentic, however, it provides nothing essentially different than what we already know about the need to keep the Faith, since it cannot add to revelation.

One big red flag came from a promoter of Our Lady of Revelation who claimed that a Mirjana of the Mejdugore fraud fame had a 2016 vision where the prodigy identified itself as "Our Lady Revelation" and spoke in very similar words to what is shared in the little I have read. That's a bit concerning, but could be Mirjana just trying to capitalize on some new apparition she read about.

All that said, remember, we do not have any need of such apparitions or revelations in order to live our Faith out properly, so until there is Church approval, I think it good to stay a bit distant.
(07-23-2018, 12:07 AM)MagisterMusicae Wrote: The Church has neither approved, nor condemned this apparition, but like any claimed apparition, it is wise to be very wary of it until the Church should assure us that it is safe.

Some proponents argue that since John Paul II blessed three statues of Our Lady of Revelation, this was his approval, but since John Paul II would bless whatever you happened to bring with you, vegetable, animal or mineral, that's hardly a good argument. John Paul II accepted as a gift several traditional breviaries, but I doubt if he every used them, and think that hardly suggests he was a proponent of the traditional liturgy.

I have not had time, nor will I, I suspect, to review the videos, but from the little I have read on it, it does seem to be a bit fantastical and over-explanatory in its scope. If you consider Fatima, for instance, Our Lady said little, and what she did say was a very cursory explanation of things and requests : "Russia will spread her errors" without a detailed explanation of what that meant, for instance.

One of the first hallmarks of a false apparition is that it goes far beyond what most approved apparitions do either in their explanatory scope, their length, their requests, or their promises. The first impression I have here is skeptical, but I am not saying it is certainly false, and would need to evaluate it, which I really cannot afford time to do. If authentic, however, it provides nothing essentially different than what we already know about the need to keep the Faith, since it cannot add to revelation.

One big red flag came from a promoter of Our Lady of Revelation who claimed that a Mirjana of the Mejdugore fraud fame had a 2016 vision where the prodigy identified itself as "Our Lady Revelation" and spoke in very similar words to what is shared in the little I have read. That's a bit concerning, but could be Mirjana just trying to capitalize on some new apparition she read about.

All that said, remember, we do not have any need of such apparitions or revelations in order to live our Faith out properly, so until there is Church approval, I think it good to stay a bit distant.

Thank you for your prudent advice.  You are right, and it is good to be cautious.

Quote:The Marian apparition at Tre Fontane was informally approved by Pope Pius XII on October 5, 1947, when he blessed the Virgin of Revelation statue with a procession from the Vatican to the grotto and gave permission for Cornacchiola to speak about the apparition. Steps toward official approval are underway but have not yet been completed.

Also there is an order of religious sisters dedicated to spreading the message of this apparition:
See their site here:
https://www.mdrevelation.org/

There is also a good deal of historical information about the problems within the Church in the last century covered in this series given by a Traditional Priest.  

I have a friend whose husband was a lukewarm Catholic his whole life and after listening to this series radically changed his life.

You are correct, however, that the message of Our Lady is always the same.  :heart:
Rome will lose the faith and become the seat of the antichrist. 
The demons of the air together with the Antichrist will perform great wonders  
The Church will be in eclipse

-Our Lady of La Salette

Like Christ, His Bride the Church will undergo its own passion, burial, and resurrection.
-unknown traditional priest

Father Ripperger said that if we are detached from all things, aren't afraid to suffer, and we accept all suffering as the will of God for our sanctity, we have nothing to fear!
(07-23-2018, 01:26 AM)Sacred Heart lover Wrote: Also there is an order of religious sisters dedicated to spreading the message of this apparition:
See their site here:
https://www.mdrevelation.org/

Ah, now I've made the connection.

Yes, I met a few of the sister in Rome a few years ago. They were quite pleasant, and I recall having heard about an apparition that was part of their apostolate, but it was not the easiest conversation between her broken English and my broken Italian. I remember seeing something in the pamphlet the sister gave me and never really looking into things more.

Like I said, if the apparition were approved, it would certainly allay certain trepidation I have, but as it is not condemned, it is certainly acceptable for Catholics to inquire about it, as long as prudence and caution are used.

That there is such an approved religious congregation involved does help lend some credence, but it would be interesting to see if they were founded as a result of the apparition (which would suggest a kind of indirect approval of the revelation), or if this is something they took up (which would not really answer too many questions).