Forensic Tests show Shroud of Turin is a Fake
https://www.livescience.com/63093-shroud...tains.html

Interesting
I saw that, and it seems like a fake news hit job, imho.  The fake blood they used wouldn't run and pool the same as real blood would have from wounds on a body resting for a few days.  The blood on the shroud tested as type AB during a previous examination.  And this article test still didn't answer the details of how the image came to be on the Shroud, specifically how the image only penetrates .000028 inches into the fibers. Poor science.
-sent by howitzer via the breech.

God's love is manifest in the landscape as in a face.  - John Muir

I want creation to penetrate you with so much admiration that wherever you go, the least plant may bring you clear remembrance of the Creator.  A single plant, a blade of grass, or one speck of dust is sufficient to occupy all your intelligence in beholding the art with which it has been made  - Saint Basil

Heaven is under our feet, as well as over our heads. - Thoreau, Walden
They do realize he was also beaten beyond the point of death for hours before being crucified as well, right?
Blood of Christ, relief of the burdened, save us.

“It is my design to die in the brew house; let ale be placed in my mouth when I am expiring, that when the choirs of angels come, they may say, “Be God propitious to this drinker.” – St. Columbanus, A.D. 612
(07-19-2018, 08:32 AM)JEvolian18 Wrote: https://www.livescience.com/63093-shroud...tains.html

Interesting
Peace.....I don't believe the shroud is a fake.  This scientific experiment to put down Jesus has been going on for years!  God bless, angeltime :heart:
Carbon dating is an extremely bad system of measuring the age of an object because to date something, the amount of carbon present in the atmosphere at many specific times have to be measured. However, since that amount fluctuates, we can only guess at the amount present in that time period by averages. Thus, carbon dating is not a system fit for science, and should only be used as a system of approximation.

Further, temperature, humidity, wind conditions, and many other factors influenced the direction in which the blood flowed.

Do not trust liberal scientists. They are the instruments of the devil whose prime skill is deceiving. Lies. Lies. Lies. From the father of lies.
:monstrance:Deo Gratias et Ave Maria! :monstrance:
Pray the Rosary

A Dieu mon ame,
Mon arme au roi,
Mon Coeur a la dame,
Mon honneur a moi!
[-] The following 1 user Likes ServusDei's post:
  • angeltime
But even if it is fake, so what? Do they actually think that would disprove Christianity?
[-] The following 1 user Likes JEvolian18's post:
  • gospel654
(07-19-2018, 11:18 AM)ServusDei Wrote: Carbon dating is an extremely bad system of measuring the age of an object because to date something, the amount of carbon present in the atmosphere at many specific times have to be measured. However, since that amount fluctuates, we can only guess at the amount present in that time period by averages. Thus, carbon dating is not a system fit for science, and should only be used as a system of approximation.

Further, temperature, humidity, wind conditions, and many other factors influenced the direction in which the blood flowed.

Do not trust liberal scientists. They are the instruments of the devil whose prime skill is deceiving. Lies. Lies. Lies. From the father of lies.

Interesting you mention the carbon dating.  The NatGeo article I posted mentioned that the groups that did the carbon dating ran control tests on three different artifacts from different areas, and their results matched.  Yet their results from conducting the same tests on the Shroud varied by 150 years.
-sent by howitzer via the breech.

God's love is manifest in the landscape as in a face.  - John Muir

I want creation to penetrate you with so much admiration that wherever you go, the least plant may bring you clear remembrance of the Creator.  A single plant, a blade of grass, or one speck of dust is sufficient to occupy all your intelligence in beholding the art with which it has been made  - Saint Basil

Heaven is under our feet, as well as over our heads. - Thoreau, Walden
(07-19-2018, 12:28 PM)JEvolian18 Wrote: But even if it is fake, so what? Do they actually think that would disprove Christianity?
Peace.....they will do anything to keep the skepticism going.  We all know the gates of hell will not prevail, but the devil is trying to weaken and exhaust us.  Even being in touch with this forum proves retreats and prayer breaks are needed to build up one's endurance and keep the grace flowing.  God bless, angeltime :heart:
[-] The following 1 user Likes angeltime's post:
  • gospel654
This nonsense again?
http://www.fisheaters.com/shroudofturin.html
T h e   D u d e t t e   A b i d e s