Which Church?
(07-20-2018, 06:22 AM)Markie Boy Wrote: OK - as a newbie I throw my personal experience in here.  I thought the whole point of Catholic over protestant is there is a united teaching and an authority to promote and hold to it.

Then I find out there are "Charismatic Catholics", and they are supported by the Vatican.  I knew simply from Scripture and confirmed from further research what they did was not right.  I also learned the movement came from Catholics having hands laid on them by neo-Pentecostals to receive something that was not happening in the Catholic Church.  

The term Catholic Charismatic is literally an oxymoron to me - and the fact that the Vatican confirms it as legit seems like heresy, as they are then confirming people had to go outside the Catholic Faith to receive the Spirit.

As a newer Catholic I feel like a protestant all over again - having to figure out within the Catholic Church what was right and wrong.

Your observations are right on the money. Look to Vatican II - before that the Church was united in its teaching. Paul VI invited 6 Protestant ministers to that Council and publicly thanked them afterward! Photos available online. The Council changed all the sacraments (previously forbidden), introduced ecumenism and religious freedom (previously condemned), etc. The result? A new Protestantized religion where statues are ripped out of the churches, the altar becomes a table, the tabernacle is moved off to the side as though it's no longer important, etc. etc. People leave the church in droves, churches, seminaries, schools close. People leave the faith in droves like has never been seen before. Nothing but bad fruits coming from that Council.

We must remember Scripture predicted wolves would enter the flock and that there would be a great apostasy, and our Lady predicted corruption of the clergy at Lasalette and Fatima. As I have already pointed out, the duty of Catholics is to avoid promoters of heresy, not to stay intermingled with them. Find a traditional Catholic church nearest you.

And to be clear, Catholics must be aware that it is not the Catholic Church that is to be blamed for what we are seeing, but bad people who have infiltrated the church and corrupted it from within. If you read up on it you will see the Communists and Freemasons publicly vowed to infiltrate the Catholic Church from within. They publicly admitted it and you can go read it for yourself. What you are seeing is non-Catholics putting on clerical garb and calling themselves Father Joe and Bishop Tom, and since these non-Catholics are in the highest places in the Vatican, the problem is going unchecked at the moment. Again, this was predicted, and it is due to the sins of man according to our Lady.
I guess the simple fact that communists and Freemasons want to wreck the Church validates that it is the Church! The bad guys know who the good guys are.
(07-20-2018, 12:11 AM)Dominicus Wrote:
(07-19-2018, 06:29 PM)MagisterMusicae Wrote: No.

Your first duty as a Catholic is to sanctify your soul, practice virtue, pray and try to keep yourself in the State of Grace, or get there if you've lost it.

I thought our first duty as Catholics was deciding upon the Earths roundness or lack thereof. Followed by which way to hold a fork, scanning Trumps' sneezes for secret communications from the illuminati, and afterwards examining the bodies of celebrities so as to determine if they really are their biological sex.

Well you learn something new everyday...

:salute: :clap:
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
“Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'
FishEaters Group on MeWe
(07-20-2018, 01:55 AM)pabbie Wrote:  
If you read the article on the Western Schism in the Catholic Encyclopedia, it is very clear in stating that the people at the time each took their sides and stuck with it. They didn't just throw up their hands and say the Pope can't be known.

You did notice that I said 'average Catholic'? The is no doubt of course that the elite, the Kings, Princes, Bishops, and major Abbots would have taken a side and stuck with it, but as Aquinas implies the average Catholic probably didn't even know who the Pope was. It was of no concern to them. Their only concern was the sanctification of their own soul and the souls of those for which they were responsible.
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
“Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'
FishEaters Group on MeWe
(07-20-2018, 01:51 PM)Markie Boy Wrote: I guess the simple fact that communists and Freemasons want to wreck the Church validates that it is the Church!  The bad guys know who the good guys are.

Exactly! No need to infiltrate the Protestants etc. because they already don't hold the truth and are not a threat to the bad guys.

The same rule can be applied to the attack on traditional Catholicism.....talk to some people in the Novus ordo about traditional Catholic churches and they have been trained to gasp in horror. But talk to the same people about Protestants, Jews and Muslims, and they have "respect" for them as "separated brethren". The very fact that many in the Novus ordo gasp at traditional Catholicism and not at non-Catholic religions is a huge red flag that traditional Catholicism is where the truth lies.