I Dont Have Enough Faith to be an Evolutionist - Skepticism of Evolution
(07-05-2019, 06:05 PM)Stanis Wrote:
(07-05-2019, 04:05 PM)cassini Wrote: As regards the idea that some things not existing in the six-day or immediate creation came later, well that to me is Modernism personified. It demonstrates how the Galilean reformation completyed in 1835 led to Modenism.
Nothing was created after the sixth day. Creation was finished. Anything DIFFERENT after that came from what was already created. For example, the micro-evolution God inbuilt into some created living things allowed different species come from kinds created. No new kinds ever occurred in traditional Creation.

Congratulations. You just admitted that some things were created in their causes and only appeared later "from what was already created". And apparently that's "Modernism personified".

'Created?' Is that what you think can be called 'created?' So, poodles or greyhounds were examples of God's continuous evolutionary 'Creation.' Sorry Stanis, this is supposed to be a traditional Catholic forum for debate, and you offer that crap for general consumption. Yes, Modernism personified, continuous invention trying to protect the path into Modernism among Catholics since 1741.
(07-06-2019, 05:31 AM)cassini Wrote:
(07-05-2019, 04:05 PM)cassini Wrote: As regards the idea that some things not existing in the six-day or immediate creation came later, well that to me is Modernism personified. It demonstrates how the Galilean reformation completyed in 1835 led to Modenism.
Nothing was created after the sixth day. Creation was finished. Anything DIFFERENT after that came from what was already created. For example, the micro-evolution God inbuilt into some created living things allowed different species come from kinds created. No new kinds ever occurred in traditional Creation.

Congratulations. You just admitted that some things were created in their causes and only appeared later "from what was already created". And apparently that's "Modernism personified".

'Created?' Is that what you think can be called 'created?' So, poodles or greyhounds were examples of God's continuous evolutionary 'Creation.' Sorry Stanis, this is supposed to be a traditional Catholic forum for debate, and you offer that crap for general consumption. Yes, Modernism personified, continuous invention trying to protect the path into Modernism among Catholics since 1741.

Poodles exist, so they must be created. Were they actually created in Eden? If not, then they were created in their causes as you yourself have explained. But for some reason you appear to want to dispute what you yourself have written.
(07-06-2019, 08:28 AM)Stanis Wrote:
(07-06-2019, 05:31 AM)cassini Wrote:

Poodles exist, so they must be created. Were they actually created in Eden? If not, then they were created in their causes as you yourself have explained. But for some reason you appear to want to dispute what you yourself have written.

Oh, I thought we were discussing God's creative act. Now you have puppy farms 'creating.' No doubt we will see that in the next Catechism of the 21st Century.
(07-05-2019, 03:03 PM)Filiolus Wrote: Isn't this thread done yet?

Nope ... still evolving.
[-] The following 3 users Like MagisterMusicae's post:
  • Alphonse il Segundo, Augustinian, jovan66102
(07-05-2019, 07:32 PM)Jeeter Wrote:

*long sigh*

Yes, I’m pro life, but this thread should’ve been aborted.
Thread abortions are the only licit abortions.
"The Heart of Jesus is closer to you when you suffer, than when you are full of joy." - St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

'Vanity of vanities, said Ecclesiastes: vanity of vanities, and all is vanity.' - Ecclesiastes 1:2
(07-07-2019, 06:34 PM)MagisterMusicae Wrote:

Nope ... still evolving.

Aren’t threads internet-centric?

(07-07-2019, 06:58 PM)Augustinian Wrote:
(07-05-2019, 07:32 PM)Jeeter Wrote:

*long sigh*

Yes, I’m pro life, but this thread should’ve been aborted.
Thread abortions are the only licit abortions.

Concurred. Smile
-sent by howitzer via the breech.

God's love is manifest in the landscape as in a face.  - John Muir

I want creation to penetrate you with so much admiration that wherever you go, the least plant may bring you clear remembrance of the Creator.  A single plant, a blade of grass, or one speck of dust is sufficient to occupy all your intelligence in beholding the art with which it has been made  - Saint Basil

Heaven is under our feet, as well as over our heads. - Thoreau, Walden
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jeeter's post:
  • MagisterMusicae
(07-07-2019, 05:25 AM)cassini Wrote: Oh, I thought we were discussing God's creative act. Now you have puppy farms 'creating.' No doubt we will see that in the next Catechism of the 21st Century.

I don’t see a lot of point continuing this if you’re not going to seriously address the topics you yourself bring up. But for the sake of readers who may stumble into this later

You claimed, as if it were a dogmatic argument against evolution:

Quote:Finally the dogma says God FINISHED His creation. Evolution is never finished, it is ongoing.

Scripture says God rested. Nevertheless, it is a fact that new things appear that did not exist in actuality in the beginning. Such as individuals of a species. Or new species. Or human souls, which continue to be created by God from nothing many times a day. St. Thomas and the church fathers were well aware of these, and they addressed them in the context of God resting.

The traditional understanding is that all things were created in the beginning at least in their causes, or in Thomist terms, in potency.

You agree that (at least some) dog breeds were not created in the beginning in actuality. Calling it “microevolution” does not change that these breeds didn’t actually exist in the beginning. And breeds are still being developed. But that’s not an objection to “God rested”, because these breeds exist in their causes, or potentially. The same could be said of evolution in general.
[-] The following 3 users Like Stanis's post:
  • Jeeter, jovan66102, MagisterMusicae
Stanis, let us get things straight, you want your catholic faith and evolution.

Are you a total evolutiionist, or a post-creation evolutionist, whatever that means?

If a total evolutionist What exactly did God 'create' in the Big Bang evolutionary theory?

You know the traditional dogmatised creation teaching, God created all in the beginning of time and FINISHED IT. The word RESTED is metaphorical meaning FINISHED. Telling us that a seed from a created tree gave rise to a brand new tree is evolution is nonsense, as the creation of new souls is evolutionary nonsense..

Give us all an account of evolutionary creation according to Stanis and we can go from there if you like..
[-] The following 1 user Likes cassini's post:
  • LionHippo
(07-10-2019, 09:13 AM)cassini Wrote:  as the creation of new souls is evolutionary nonsense..

I'm curious about this line: Do you not think God creates a soul when a human is conceived?
(07-12-2019, 04:38 PM)Stanis Wrote:
(07-10-2019, 09:13 AM)cassini Wrote:  as the creation of new souls is evolutionary nonsense..

I'm curious about this line: Do you not think God creates a soul when a human is conceived?

Of course God creates souls as each human is conceived. But to class them as a continuous part of evolution is one of the weirdest things I have heard. Its no different than what atheists believe, that life is as a result of the evolution of life. Next you will be telling us heaven and hell are also part of evolution.