I Dont Have Enough Faith to be an Evolutionist - Skepticism of Evolution
(06-03-2019, 10:53 PM)MagisterMusicae Wrote: I'm no Darwinist (I reject Darwinism as totally unproven), and I preface this this way, because I'm sure to be accused of defending Darwinism by mere objection to the above.

It's a bit odd to be posting heretical Protestant theology professors' video on a Catholic forum as suggestions of Catholic doctrine.

McMurtry is called "Doctor" here and "ex-evolutionist." He is a Doctor, but a Doctor of Divinity, though in this and his other writings, he's always very careful not to explicitly point out he's not a Geologist, Biologist, Paleontologist or any other Doctor in a field of natural sciences. He studied Forestry, and then eventually went to a Baptist seminary. He's not a Catholic.

He's just another heretic who has an opinion. And calling himself "Doctor" and then giving a talk on Geology, suggests he is a trained and expert Geologist. He's not.

He starts out saying that there are bare claims of "millions or billions of years" which is not accurate. He then gets into Geology, and again, makes terribly false claims.

Typical Protestant jabberwocky, this. Nothing Catholic in this video at all.

Taking what is know about natural processes for which very detailed data exists and running them backward shows a very old universe. The only way to get around this is to reject uniformitarianism, and if this is done, then any scientific study also does. If the processes are not uniform, then there are no Natural Laws, and this undermines any possible study of nature at all.

Not true at all.  uniformitarianism is the unbiblical belief that todays processes have always happened at the same rate.   

Above all, you must understand that in the last days scoffers will come, scoffing and following their own evil desires. They will say, “Where is this ‘coming’ he promised? Ever since our ancestors died, everything goes on as it has since the beginning of creation. But they deliberately forget that long ago by God’s word the heavens came into being and the earth was formed out of water and by water. By these waters also the world of that time was deluged and destroyed. 
2 Peter 3 

Uniformity of nature is that all things behave the same way in the same circumstances. Besides, those assumptions used by the uniformtanist, not only is based on faith, but can by observation, be shown false.

Messages In This Thread
RE: I Dont Have Enough Faith to be an Evolutionist - Skepticism of Evolution - by Tolkien RRJ - 06-04-2019, 04:51 PM