I Dont Have Enough Faith to be an Evolutionist - Skepticism of Evolution
(06-04-2019, 12:38 PM)cassini Wrote: Ah yes, the old ad hominem ploy, attack the person in the hope that what he said will not be taken seriously. Well I for one Magister am capable of discerning the credibility of this man's arguments on their merit alone.

An ad hominem is a valid argumentation when the person puts forth personal qualifications to give an expert opinion. Otherwise in courts any John Doe could give an expert opinion about anything.

And ad hominem is a false rebuttal when it has nothing to do with the argument or opinion presented.

It's quite different to say, "that guy calling himself 'Doctor' and giving a lecture about medical ethics in neurosurgery is a Doctor of Musicology, and has no mnedical qualification" than to hear an argument and retort, "Oh, yeah, well you're ugly."

The first is a valid response, the latter is not.

(06-04-2019, 12:38 PM)cassini Wrote: As for his Protestantism, well the history of 'faith and science' shows us that were it not for Protestants few would know the truth. Catholicism championed all the false sciences as they emerged even though it was their duty to protect the flock from false philosophy.

A Catholic could never say such blasphemous words against the Bride of Christ.

Your obsession with your own personal interpretation of Scripture has finally led you to say that the Catholic Church defected, and Protestants have the Truth. That is the ultimate conclusion when you will not listen to the Magisterium.

Be assured that I'll be offering some penances for you that return to the Church and abandon these heretical and blasphemous notions.

Messages In This Thread
RE: I Dont Have Enough Faith to be an Evolutionist - Skepticism of Evolution - by MagisterMusicae - 06-04-2019, 09:15 PM