I Dont Have Enough Faith to be an Evolutionist - Skepticism of Evolution
(06-05-2019, 07:20 PM)MagisterMusicae Wrote:
(06-05-2019, 07:59 AM)cassini Wrote: Ah, another ad hominem ploy, now I am a blasphemer for pointing out the history of popes abandoning the traditional understanding of Genesis and its six day creation as revealed by Moses.

You wrote that Protestantism preserved the Truth, and the Church abandoned it. That's not an unjustified ad hominem attack, that's just blasphemy and I would say an heretical statement as well, since you implicitly deny the indefectibility of the Church by saying that heretics preserved the Truth while the Bride of Christ abandoned it.

The Church and only the Church is the one who gets to interpret what is the correct "understanding of Genesis". Not you. Not me.

Your fundamental problem is that you insist on your interpretation of Genesis is the only correct one. That's Protestantism. It is no wonder why you are ready to reject the indefectibility of the Church in order to keep your own interpretation.

What a pathetic argument you make Magister, trying to ignore recorded history with accusations of blasphemy and heresy.

How many times does one need to be told that when a pope defines an interpretation of Scripture, that is the Church teaching. Geocentrism was defined as such because it is revealed in Scripture and was held by all the Fathers of the Church.Anyone thereafter who denied this is guilty of heresy. Now heresy has different degrees, from Formal to material, but all heretics.

Tell me of one Catholic pope, cardinal or theologian after 1835 who abided by this 1616 decree. You denied it even after it was pointed oput to you, so it is you who like Galileo commits heresy. Tell me when any pope said the 1616 definition imposed on Catholicism was a joke as you put it?

There is also a de fide teaching on creation.

‘God…creator of all visible and invisible things, of the spiritual and of the corporal; who by His own omnipotent power at once from the beginning of time created each creature from nothing, spiritual and corporal, namely, angelic and mundane, and finally the human, both of the spirit and the body.’ - - - Lateran Council IV, 1215.

‘All that exists outside God was, in its whole substance, produced out of nothing by God. (De fide.) ‘This sole true God by His goodness and omnipotent power, not to increase His own beatitude, and not to add to, but to manifest His perfections by the blessings which he bestows upon creatures with most free volition, immediately from the beginning of time fashioned each creature, out of nothing, spiritual and corporeal, namely the angelic and the mundane; and then the human creation, common as it were, composed of both spirit and body.’--- Vatican I.

‘Substance,’ classic philosophy says, means ‘what something is’ and not what something can become or is becoming. Did the Lord not say His creating was finished on the 5th day?

Now only a chancer could try to argue that the above dogma can be made comply with Pope Pius XII's  Big Bang billions of years creation from atoms, an idea held as further heresy in the early years of the Church. Evolution never stops so when does God's creation by evolution finish?

It was the Protestants whose faith and science adherted to the Catholic dogmas above and all your so called blaspheming and hertetical accusations cannot change history.
[-] The following 1 user Likes cassini's post:
  • Tolkien RRJ

Messages In This Thread
RE: I Dont Have Enough Faith to be an Evolutionist - Skepticism of Evolution - by cassini - 06-06-2019, 02:03 PM