I Dont Have Enough Faith to be an Evolutionist - Skepticism of Evolution
When it comes down to evolution, I honestly don't care anymore. There is no way for it to ruin my faith in God or His Revelation through scripture.

I do not believe in a formal change of a creature that macro evolution purports because it is metaphysically absurd. But I can at least give credit to the possibility of micro evolution (ie adaptations, accidents, etc.) because that is provable through genetics.

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if scientists were completely wrong about the lengths of time needed for the generation of new species. But I'm also not very knowledgeable about science, so whatever.

I would rather stand by what the Church Tradition teaches, which is a philosophical interpretation of Genesis and leave it at that. Men are not intelligent enough to understand all of the aspects of God's creation, and we never will.
"The Heart of Jesus is closer to you when you suffer, than when you are full of joy." - St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

"modern Catholics have tended to put too much faith in the pope and too little in the Church." - Bishop Williamson.

"And fear ye not them that kill the body, and are not able to kill the soul; but rather fear him that can destroy both soul and body in hell." - Mt. 10:28
[-] The following 3 users Like Augustinian's post:
  • jovan66102, MagisterMusicae, TruthWhichIsChrist

Messages In This Thread
I Dont Have Enough Faith to be an Evolutionist - Skepticism of Evolution - by Augustinian - 06-06-2019, 11:13 PM