I Dont Have Enough Faith to be an Evolutionist - Skepticism of Evolution
(06-09-2019, 01:04 PM)cassini Wrote:
(06-09-2019, 11:28 AM)Jeeter Wrote: And we have the cassinis of our time ignoring Church teachings and statements that belief in a heliocentric universe isn’t heretical. 

Around and around we go.

I cannot believe, after all I offered, the likes of you Jeeter still do not get it.

There are no 'teachings' and 'statements' that heliocentrism is not heretical. IF THERE ARE SHOW US THEM? 

What there are are 2 decrees inferring books advocating a non-heretical heliocentrism can be printed. The exact words of the decrees are, a heliocentrism 'according to modern astronomers.'

But there are no such non heretical heliocentrisms. That idea was invented by Fr Olivieri.

I’ve already pointed out when books teaching heliocentrism were removed from the Index Librorum Prohibitorum. This would mean the Church no longer considers such views heretical. 

Pope Leo XIII wrote in Providentissimus Deus that science can’t contradict the Church. How does a heliocentric model contradict the Church’s Magisterium?
-sent by howitzer via the breech.

God's love is manifest in the landscape as in a face.  - John Muir

I want creation to penetrate you with so much admiration that wherever you go, the least plant may bring you clear remembrance of the Creator.  A single plant, a blade of grass, or one speck of dust is sufficient to occupy all your intelligence in beholding the art with which it has been made  - Saint Basil

Heaven is under our feet, as well as over our heads. - Thoreau, Walden
[-] The following 3 users Like Jeeter's post:
  • Augustinian, jovan66102, MagisterMusicae

Messages In This Thread
RE: I Dont Have Enough Faith to be an Evolutionist - Skepticism of Evolution - by Jeeter - 06-09-2019, 01:44 PM