I Dont Have Enough Faith to be an Evolutionist - Skepticism of Evolution
(06-09-2019, 01:44 PM)Jeeter Wrote: I’ve already pointed out when books teaching heliocentrism were removed from the Index Librorum Prohibitorum. This would mean the Church no longer considers such views heretical. 

Cassini thinks that the Church defected when it removed these books, and broke the promise that Our Lord gave, so the Popes were so deceived that they started teaching heliocentric heresy.

He thinks instead that Christ, in the meantime, used the heretical Protestants to preserve the Truth from heresy. I'm not sure how heretics are supposed to protect from heresy, but since he wrote that blasphemy, it must make sense in his head.

(06-09-2019, 01:44 PM)Jeeter Wrote: Pope Leo XIII wrote in Providentissimus Deus that science can’t contradict the Church.

I don't want to put words in Cassini's mouth (he's stated the above, which I'm just paraphrasing), but logically he would have to consider Pope Leo XIII at least a material heretic for Providentissimus Deus. Certainly he's suggested the Pius XII was.
[-] The following 1 user Likes MagisterMusicae's post:
  • jovan66102

Messages In This Thread
RE: I Dont Have Enough Faith to be an Evolutionist - Skepticism of Evolution - by MagisterMusicae - 06-09-2019, 06:04 PM