I Dont Have Enough Faith to be an Evolutionist - Skepticism of Evolution
(06-11-2019, 06:58 AM)cassini Wrote: When Newton and freemasonry conned the world into believing geocentrism was falsified or heliocentrism was proven, this proved a dilemma within Catholicism. If this was true, then a pope defined an interpretation of Scripture that was FALSE and made the Catholic world comply with this 'false' interpretation of Scripture. This made Catholicism no better than Protestantism where false readings of Scripture were put forward as TRUE.

Out of curiosity, when you were faced with this dilemma, did you ever consider maybe the Eastern or Oriental Orthodox churches as a possible solution?  This reads as if Protestantism or Catholicism were the only two options for you.
You understand geocentrism is a pretty tough sell given what we are able to see with our own eyes and the aid of some rudimentary magnifying instruments. 

I'm interested in the thought process that determined the postulations that A) the Orthodox Church is the true Catholic Church or that B) the relevant scriptures in question regarding the motion of the sun were to be taken metaphorically were greater crackpot ideas than the idea that the earth is really motionless and everything in space revolves around it, despite overwhelming astronomical and meteorological evidence to the contrary.
I have resigned myself to the reality that I shall have no peace or joy should I continue to exist for eternity.  The question of deism or Christianity no longer matters.  I hope that Christianity is a farce, and that when I die, my consciousness will cease to exist.  In the meantime, I ask the Theotokos to be at my side at my judgement and ask her to intercede to, as I beg, Christ to have mercy on me and to allow me to cease to exist when I die.

Messages In This Thread
RE: I Dont Have Enough Faith to be an Evolutionist - Skepticism of Evolution - by Melkite - 06-11-2019, 01:09 PM