I Dont Have Enough Faith to be an Evolutionist - Skepticism of Evolution
(06-11-2019, 04:08 PM)MagisterMusicae Wrote:
(06-11-2019, 06:58 AM)cassini Wrote: Magister states:

Speculatores does not mention Copernicanism anywhere in its text

Cassini answered: 

[Wall of text that does not address the original statement, and just parrots someone else's text.]

Same pattern again. Failure to actually address what you've been asked to but plenty of distractions to try to make yourself look scholarly (none of which is your own thinking, but is just taken from someone else).

All I want is primary source proof that the 1616 Decree you claimed was infallible even qualifies as a Papal decree by showing it was approved in forma specifica. One small request, that now approaching 15 requests, you've never been able to provide. But lots of quotes from this mysterious Fr Roberts, you've provided.

To paraphrase Jeeter "round and round we go".

What you are looking for Magister, does not exist within the Catholic Church. 'Proofs' of infallibility are not shouted out the window of some building in St Peter's Square. That has never happened. If so maybe you can give readers of Fisheaters an example of what you are looking for in the 1616 decree. Proof for infallibility comes in different ways and these exist in the history of the 1616 decree.

What we are dealing with here is RECORDED HISTORY. If I quote recorded history you infer I made it up or its not relevant. Galileo's trial of 1633 records Pope Urban VIII treated the 1616 as absolute. In 1664 Pope Alexander VII inserted the decree in a bull, another case demonstrating the infallibility of the 1616 decree. A Fr Roberts put this 'proof' forward in his book, a proof you totally ignore as though the bull does not include what he said was in it. Then Fr Olivieri, head man in the Holy Office, adviser to the Pope, in 1820 is recorded in his own documents admitting the 1616 decree defining formal heresy was safe and irreformable.
The final proof of an infallible irtreformable papal decree is if it has divine protection. That is evident in that no matter what happened in the 400 years of the Galileo case no pope EVER CHALLENGED THAT DECREE.

Again, perhaps you and your fans will demonstrate the kind of 'proof' of infallibility you are all looking for by giving us a few examples of such proofs for other papal decrees or dogmas.

Messages In This Thread
RE: I Dont Have Enough Faith to be an Evolutionist - Skepticism of Evolution - by cassini - 06-12-2019, 08:19 AM