I Dont Have Enough Faith to be an Evolutionist - Skepticism of Evolution
(06-12-2019, 08:58 AM)cassini Wrote: The evidence shows the Earth is at the centre of the universe.
What has all that stuff you quote got to do with the CMB?

No one said anything about the CMB. It is typical of your argumentation style, however, to bring such red herrings up when your argument hits a wall. Typical Protestant-style argumentation.

You wrote in post #87 that Bob had proven that "science" shows the Earth is at the center of the universe, and that his science could not be disproven.

I show you one example where a physicist demonstrates how Bob cannot to basic math, and gets a calculation off by a factor of 1,000,000, and gets a simple physics equation horribly incorrect, so incorrect that it does not even produce the correct units. In order to do that I show you an article that was done by an expert physicist.

Dimensional analysis is a critical step in physics, which will show if the equation used even resolves to the correct units. If I want Newtons, I'd better have Mass in kilograms and some measure of distance in meters on the top of a fraction and the square of time in seconds on the bottom. If I end up with that messed up, whatever number I get is not in Newtons. Sungenis fails to do this in the problem cited, which is why he makes at least one of his errors.

Many other examples could be cited where he gets the physics and math badly wrong. His science is easily shown wrong, repeatedly, but that's because he has zero background in physics. He took a non-calculus physics course in the first year of university, and that is the extent of his exposure to physics. Thank goodness, or I'd suggest he be demanding his money back!

Now, I'm not saying he might not get something right along the way (a broken clock is right twice a day), but if he cannot do even basic physics and math, then the rest of what he does say cannot be relied upon without careful sifting, yet you just throw out the blanket statement, "Sungenis has proven it, and he can't be refuted."

He can. He has.

And such things undermine your credibility, as well, because you continue to rely on these bad arguments, and when the holes are pointed out, you just double down and lecture the more, rather than re-evaluating your position, or at least re-evaluating your arguments and coming back with a better one.
[-] The following 1 user Likes MagisterMusicae's post:
  • jovan66102

Messages In This Thread
RE: I Dont Have Enough Faith to be an Evolutionist - Skepticism of Evolution - by MagisterMusicae - 06-12-2019, 04:00 PM