I Dont Have Enough Faith to be an Evolutionist - Skepticism of Evolution
Fisheaters TRADITIONAL CATHOLIC forum?

On February 24th 1616, the findings of Catholic teaching were as follows:

(1) “That the sun is in the centre of the world and altogether immovable by local movement,” was unanimously declared to be “foolish, philosophically absurd, and formally heretical [denial of a revelation by God] inasmuch as it expressly contradicts the declarations of Holy Scripture in many passages, according to the proper meaning of the language used, and the sense in which they have been expounded and understood by [all] the Fathers and theologians.”
(2) “That the Earth is not the centre of the world, and moves as a whole, and also with a diurnal movement,” was unanimously declared “to deserve the same censure philosophically, and, theologically considered to be at least erroneous in faith.”

Rejection of the above began what is called MODERNISM:

‘Modernism represented a tendency, a method or process of contemporary thought. As such, it is not confined to religion alone. The name Modernism bears the same relation to what is modern that liberalism bears to what is liberal, or militarism to what is military, or capitalism to capital, and appropriately enough describes the spirit which exalts the modern at the expense of antiquity, which extols the new because it is new, and depreciates the old because it is old, and which so far, is a revolt of the present against the past. Even when its scope is thus restricted, Modernism is an elusive thing to deal with. For Modernists differ so much among themselves that it is difficult to pin them down to one coherent set of opinions. But the general drift of Modernism in its bearing upon Catholicity is unmistakable. Its object is quite clear, open and avowed. That object is not ostensibly to set up a brand-new form of Catholicity, but to construct it on new lines. Its object, as Modernists are fond of saying, is to readjust Catholicity to the mentality of the age, to reinterpret Catholicity in terms of modern thought.’---- Fr Brampton SJ: Modernism and Modern Thought, Sands & Co, St Louis, 1913, p.11.

Today, Pope Francis said he would baptise a martian if requested. The SACRAMENT OF BAPTISM is for those descendents of Adam and Eve who inhereted Original Sin. Original Sin was the reason God became man and founded the Catholic Church. Pius XII allowed the Flock to 'discuss' the idea that Adam's body came from 'pre-existing living matter.' Her had a monkey in mind of course. Another Big Bang galilean pope, Benedict XVI was another who had to reject the traditional teaching on Original Sin. Today, the Catholic Church has NO INFLUENCE ON THE PEOPLE OF EARTH. No one believes in anything any more unless it conforms with 'science.'

This experience on Fisheaters, supposedly for traditional Catholics, shows me things are even worse than I thought.

Messages In This Thread
RE: I Dont Have Enough Faith to be an Evolutionist - Skepticism of Evolution - by cassini - 06-19-2019, 06:20 AM