I Dont Have Enough Faith to be an Evolutionist - Skepticism of Evolution
(06-20-2019, 09:33 AM)Alphonse il Segundo Wrote:
Quote:How can someone, on a supposedly traditional Catholic forum deny the history of the Catholic Church?

Quote:Note it was the Catholic hierarchy, not the Protestant hierarchy who DISMISSED Berthault's findings. Here once again when it comes to the origins of Genesis it was the Protestants who kept to the literal while Rome went with the long-age evolutionists.

First, by my reckoning, that leaves 45 more random splices from obscure books before I can even begin to seriously consider your case. C'mon, Cassini, you're better than this.

Second, you ask us how can anyone on a traditional Catholic forum deny Church history? I ask how a "traditional Catholic" can accuse the Church of heresy while suggesting that faithless Protestants preserved the Truth on a traditional Catholic forum? Seems to be a bit of a contradiction there, no?

Interesting subject this, where one man has to answer many posts one after the other.

Now maybe I am missing something, but I am not able to understand half the stuff asked of me. What on Earth does 'that leaves 45 more random splices from obscure books before I can even begin to seriously consider your case. C'mon, Cassini, you're better than this' mean. Why not ask questions one can understand instead of putting them into fisheaters code or whatever?

Post after post, your man Magister keeps asking for 'proof' regarding the 1616 decree and indeed the 1633 trial of Galileo that had him up for the 1616 heresy. I repeat over 6,000 books, 10,000 articles and millions of websites tell the history of the Galileo case. But Magister doesn't seem to understand this history exists.

Are you also looking for more Alphonse?. Where the hell do you find history if not in books and records held by the Church in its 'secret archive quoted in these books?

A traditional Catholic like me can read history, and when I find Pope Pius VII and Gregory XVI allowing a heliocentrism to be embraced by the flock I can state without contradiction that popes allowed heresy already condemned by the Church in 1616 and 1633 into the womb of the Church. What kind of heresy they allowed is another question.

As rergards long-ages and evolution, I also know popes and Catholic churchmen did nothing to combat them, simply went along with them because they were afraid of 'committing another Galileo blunder.' Protestants on the other hand protected the Bible from all that evolutionary 'reinterpretation', keeping Genesis in its literal understanding, that held by Catholic tradition and even Archbishop Lefebvbre.

Now all this is history and accuse me all you like but facts are facts and you can deny them all you want, but you cannot change history.

Messages In This Thread
RE: I Dont Have Enough Faith to be an Evolutionist - Skepticism of Evolution - by cassini - 06-20-2019, 01:32 PM