I Dont Have Enough Faith to be an Evolutionist - Skepticism of Evolution
(06-22-2019, 02:12 PM)cassini Wrote: In forma specifica (In specific form). This is a legislative term associated primarily with canon law. An ecclesial document or act or law (such as the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith, that is given in forma specifica means that the Pope has approved this document, act, or law, in a special such that no further appeal to the Pope directly is possible (unless the Pope himself should specifically mandate such an appeal). The expression in forma specifica indicates that the Pope has reviewed the document and makes it his own by express approbation, and thus the document acquires the canonical force of a formal papal act.

It is clear to me then that the Church's record show Pope Urban VIII APPROVED IN FORMA SPECIFICA the irreversibility of the 1616 decree in the words 'that an opinion can be held and defended as probable after it has been declared and defined to be contrary to Holy Scripture.

So now because your argument fails you just redefine terms to make it work ... classic.

Messages In This Thread
RE: I Dont Have Enough Faith to be an Evolutionist - Skepticism of Evolution - by MagisterMusicae - 06-25-2019, 03:11 PM