I Dont Have Enough Faith to be an Evolutionist - Skepticism of Evolution
(06-27-2019, 12:59 PM)Filiolus Wrote:
(06-27-2019, 12:56 PM)cassini Wrote: Now anyone calling themselves Catholic or thinking they are Catholic, had better sit up and acknowledge the greatest contradiction in the history of the Catholic Church, for in 1835 popes did allow heliocentric books to be published, read and believed by the flock, making a mockery of the Catholic Church's catechism of the Council of Trent. Trying to dismiss this rejection of the doctrine of geocentrism held by the Church since Christ founded it on the basis that the 1616 decree was not an infallible one is pathetic. There is a Catholic answer to this dilemma, but few want to know as they want to keep their solar system while thinking they are Catholic.

I know this isn't fair and I'm jumping into the middle of a debate I have no intention of participating in -

But I have a hard time taking your arguments seriously given the bolded.

No problem Filious. I too had a hard time since I first heard of the Galileo case as a lad. The story then and still is that Galileo was found to be right and the Catholic Church wrong. Tell me one other occassion when the Holy Office made a false judgement? All it takes is one error to prove the Church is not guided by the Holy Ghost. It was a life-long problem for me and my Catholic faith was at stake. But more than that, for my Catholic Church was held up to ridicule and accusations of being anti-scientific for centuries.

No matter what excuses they made i could not come to terms with this error conceded to by popes since 1820. The usual excuse is that the 1616 decree defining the heliocentric opposition to Scriptural geocentrism was not infallible. Whether it was or was not, the Church did tell the flock it was formal heresy and found Galileo guilty of suspicion of heresy. No Church claiming divine guidance could do that and continue to claim it was the true Church.

That was sixty years ago and I made it my apostolate to find out the truth. The first truth I learned was that the Church of 1616 and 1633 were not proven scientifically wrong in their defence of geocentric Scripture. Accordingly it was the church of 1741-1835 who presided over the error.

Now think about it. Since the world was told in 1905 that a geocentric revelation in Scripture was not proven wrong, someone in the Catholic Church should have put 2+2 together and restore the truth of the Galileo case. But to do that would show the 1835 U-turn was the error, and that would have been a scandal the Church could not admit to. So they let sleeping dogs lie and left the Church of 1616 and 1633 to take the rap. At Vatican II they said;

‘The humble and persevering investigator of the secrets of nature is being led, as it were, by the hand of God in spite of himself, for it is God, the conserver of all things, who made them what they are. We cannot but deplore certain attitudes (not unknown among Christians) deriving from a short-sighted view of the rightful autonomy of science; they have occasioned conflict and controversy and have misled many into opposing faith and science.’ --- Gaudium et spes, # 36

So you see Filious why I have made this my apostolate, to defend the popes and theologians, and St Robert Bellarmine from the lies that are in thousands of book, asnd millions of articles and websites. However, as you have probasbly seen from the opposition on Fisheaters, few want to know the truth and less want to believe it.

Messages In This Thread
RE: I Dont Have Enough Faith to be an Evolutionist - Skepticism of Evolution - by cassini - 06-27-2019, 03:29 PM