I Dont Have Enough Faith to be an Evolutionist - Skepticism of Evolution
(06-27-2019, 03:13 PM)Stanis Wrote:
(06-27-2019, 06:53 AM)cassini Wrote: ‘Any physical theory is always provisional, in the sense that it is only a hypothesis: you can never prove it. No matter how many times the results of experiments agree with some theory, you can never be sure that the next time the result will not contradict the theory. On the other hand, you can disprove a theory by finding even a single observation that disagrees with the predictions of the theory.’ --- Stephen Hawking, Brief History of Time, Ch. 1,

I can't make much sense out of that post or yours. Several of the quotes seem contradictory.

But I am wondering, if someone noted an observation that disagrees with geocentrism, would you admit geocentrism has been disproven?

My impression is that you don't really hold your views on scientific grounds, so the answer would be no.

My post was in answer to the idea that Einstein's relativity theory cannot be falsified. You wrote 'Aberration works fine in relativity.' 

I quoted Hawking above saying you cannot prove a theory but you can falsify it. Einstein's theory was conjured up to save heliocentrism from the M &M experiment that showed the Earth does not orbit around the sun. I then showed that Einstein's relativity theory is easily falsified, so science has to adhere back to the M&M theory once again that shows the Earth does not orbit the sun. Now let us see if anybody can falsify the M&M test.

I will take on any who can show me an observation that disagrees with geocentrism.

As a Catholic I hold my view on both faith and science. I know the faith and I know the science. It is Catholic teaching that Catholic truth and true science cannot contradict each other.

Messages In This Thread
RE: I Dont Have Enough Faith to be an Evolutionist - Skepticism of Evolution - by cassini - 06-27-2019, 03:47 PM