I Dont Have Enough Faith to be an Evolutionist - Skepticism of Evolution
(06-27-2019, 04:42 PM)MagisterMusicae Wrote:
(06-27-2019, 03:47 PM)cassini Wrote: As a Catholic I hold my view on both faith and science. I know the faith and I know the science. It is Catholic teaching that Catholic truth and true science cannot contradict each other.

Except you're not a Catholic if you can assert that heretics preserved the "Truth" and the Catholic Church has fallen into heresy.

You are great at the one-liners Magister. What I said some time ago was that it was Protestants who led the battle against the long-ages and evolutionary attack on the literal traditional understanding of Genesis while popes of the Catholic Church did nothing to fight it. No worse than that, Popes like Pius XII actually professed their belief in the Big Bang billions of years ago that led to the evolution of all. I had to read Protestant books to find the truth whereas in Humani Generis our pope was flirting with the idea that Adam's body came from pre-existing living matter. Yes, man, and consequently the body of Jesus could have originated from a monkey. No thanks, I prefer the traditional Catholic and Protestant six-day creation of all as reveakled in Genesis.

As regards the Galileasn heresy, wherein the Bible can be interpreted heliocentrically in opposition to tradition of 1835 years of Christianity and against the decrees of 1616 and 1633, well both Protestants and Catholics have fallen into heresy on that account. The way Catholicism did it in 1820 should make any calling themselves Catholic ashamed that such tricks could be used to canonically switch from heresy to orthodoxy.

There is no point denying history Magister, the fact are there in thousands of history books and in the archives of the Catholic Church showing us what happened cannot be denied. All the rhetoric in your baggage cannot change history.

Messages In This Thread
RE: I Dont Have Enough Faith to be an Evolutionist - Skepticism of Evolution - by cassini - 06-28-2019, 06:22 AM