I Dont Have Enough Faith to be an Evolutionist - Skepticism of Evolution
(06-30-2019, 01:36 AM)MagisterMusicae Wrote:
(06-29-2019, 01:31 PM)cassini Wrote: I am happy with the interpretation of all the Fathers, that the sun, moon and stars move around a static Earth.

"All the Fathers" do not say this ex professo, in fact I am only aware of one who might be saying this ex professo.

Clearly if the Magisterium has judged otherwise (e.g. 1820), then "All the Fathers" do not say this.

Again I start to wonder am I on a Protestant forum under guise as a Catholic one. Who decides if all the Fathers when agreeing on a matter of biblical interpretation constitutes infallibility. It was the Council of Trent that taught this, followed by Pope Leo XIII in Providintissimus deus, followed by Pope Benedict XV in Spiritus Paraclitus. Now when Pope Paul V in 1616 condemned rejection of geocentrism as revealed in Scripture as formal heresy, he said it was because all the Fathers held this interpretation of Scripture.

'inasmuch as it expressly contradicts the declarations of Holy Scripture in many passages, according to the proper meaning of the language used, and the sense in which they have been expounded and understood by the Fathers and theologians.'

Are you trying to tell me you know better and they were all wrong, Trent, Pope Paul V, Pope Urban VIII, Cardinal Bellarmine, Pope Leo XIII and Benedict XV? Indeed it seems you have now reject Solomon's teaching in Scripture that Bellarmine pointed out:

I add that the words “the sun also riseth and the sun goeth down, and hasteneth to the place where he ariseth, etc.” were those of Solomon, who not only spoke by divine inspiration but was a man wise above all others and most learned in human sciences and in the knowledge of all created things, and his wisdom was from God. Thus it is not too likely that he would affirm something which was contrary to a truth either already demonstrated, or likely to be demonstrated.’ --- Cardinal Bellarmine: Letter to Foscarini, 1615.

As for your 1820 pretendy abrogation, I have told you many times that the Vatican records show the 1616 decree was never touched or challenged, it was agreed to be an irreversal papal act. What Olivieri did was invent a story that the 1616 decree was a violent one and that was the heliocentrism defined infallibly as heresy, but that the heliocentrism of 1820, was a non-violent one and therefore could be allowed.

Then again Magister you really haven't a clue how it all goes together so you keep answer with one liners to avoid the facts.

Messages In This Thread
RE: I Dont Have Enough Faith to be an Evolutionist - Skepticism of Evolution - by cassini - 06-30-2019, 11:59 AM