I Dont Have Enough Faith to be an Evolutionist - Skepticism of Evolution
(06-30-2019, 11:33 AM)cassini Wrote:
(06-29-2019, 11:31 PM)Stanis Wrote:
(06-29-2019, 01:31 PM)cassini Wrote: There are of course many other geocentric quotes from Scripture that confirm geocentrism. 

You brought it the quote. And it doesn't work. Is it possible your other quotes don't really work either?

Stanis, it was the Council of Trent that used one of the many quotes that reveal the earth is still at the centre of the universe and the sun, moon, planets (wandering stars) and stars turn about it. Why in God's name, on a supposed Catholic forum, would anybody challenge this or other teachings.

Cassini, it is your assertion that the Catechism of the Council of Trent affirms geocentrism. You brought up the quote, not me. The problem is not with the Catechism, but with your interpretation of it. I explained why I think your interpretation isn't right - the psalm, and its use in the Catechism, refers to the land of the earth (the mountains, the plains), and not to the globe of the earth being "fixed".

If you really want to advance your curious position that the Catechism affirmed geocentrism, then explain how the quote you provided excludes any non-geocentric interpretation. I don't think you will be successful, because if the Catechism of Trent - or the Council of Trent - affirmed geocentrism, it would have been cited front and centre in the documents opposing Galileo. But they don't cite Trent in opposition to Galileo. 

The Catechism is an expression of the Catholic faith. Understanding the Catechism correctly is important on a Catholic forum, don't you think?
[-] The following 2 users Like Stanis's post:
  • Jeeter, MagisterMusicae

Messages In This Thread
RE: I Dont Have Enough Faith to be an Evolutionist - Skepticism of Evolution - by Stanis - 06-30-2019, 01:38 PM