I Dont Have Enough Faith to be an Evolutionist - Skepticism of Evolution
Quote:I have tried to get out of this debate but each time I find readers are being subjected to propaganda and the ad hominem ploy rather than try to address the CONTENTS the quotes I put up. I simply cannot leave other Fisheaters following this thread in Ignorance.

No, I think that the contents of your arguments have been dealt with earlier in the thread. 

Also, it is not an ad hominem to point out sloppy thinking or plagiarism. Ad hominem means to the man and seeks to discredit your argument based upon faults in your character or details about your personality rather than your actual argument. If you quote a source and then freely make edits to it without citing the original author, then that is plagiarism and any interlocutor has the right to point that out. It is a very bad way to go about arguing and maintain intellectual honesty. 

You claim that you are a Catholic and that you are defending Catholic tradition. Yet you continually denigrate the Catholic Church. You have repeatedly claimed throughout this thread that the Catholic Church is in error, that certain Protestant groups have maintained the true Christian teaching on this particular point, and when this is pointed out you've doubled down. On top of this, you cite enemies of the Catholic faith (Protestants, Freemasons) as authorities for what the Catholic faith should teach. That's a little bass ackwards, isn't it?

Also, instead of dealing with the contents of those who are arguing with you, you just quote-grab and paste long excerpts from works of people who have been shown to be either heretics, apostates (Fr. Roberts), or Freemasons (White). This is little more than a smoke screen. 

Note, that isn't an ad hominem. I am not attacking you personally, nor has anyone attacked you personally.
[-] The following 2 users Like Alphonse il Segundo's post:
  • jovan66102, MagisterMusicae

Messages In This Thread
RE: I Dont Have Enough Faith to be an Evolutionist - Skepticism of Evolution - by Alphonse il Segundo - 07-02-2019, 06:31 PM