I Dont Have Enough Faith to be an Evolutionist - Skepticism of Evolution
(07-07-2019, 05:25 AM)cassini Wrote: Oh, I thought we were discussing God's creative act. Now you have puppy farms 'creating.' No doubt we will see that in the next Catechism of the 21st Century.

I don’t see a lot of point continuing this if you’re not going to seriously address the topics you yourself bring up. But for the sake of readers who may stumble into this later

You claimed, as if it were a dogmatic argument against evolution:

Quote:Finally the dogma says God FINISHED His creation. Evolution is never finished, it is ongoing.

Scripture says God rested. Nevertheless, it is a fact that new things appear that did not exist in actuality in the beginning. Such as individuals of a species. Or new species. Or human souls, which continue to be created by God from nothing many times a day. St. Thomas and the church fathers were well aware of these, and they addressed them in the context of God resting.

The traditional understanding is that all things were created in the beginning at least in their causes, or in Thomist terms, in potency.

You agree that (at least some) dog breeds were not created in the beginning in actuality. Calling it “microevolution” does not change that these breeds didn’t actually exist in the beginning. And breeds are still being developed. But that’s not an objection to “God rested”, because these breeds exist in their causes, or potentially. The same could be said of evolution in general.
[-] The following 3 users Like Stanis's post:
  • Jeeter, jovan66102, MagisterMusicae

Messages In This Thread
RE: I Dont Have Enough Faith to be an Evolutionist - Skepticism of Evolution - by Stanis - 07-08-2019, 10:36 AM