I Dont Have Enough Faith to be an Evolutionist - Skepticism of Evolution
(09-13-2019, 08:57 PM)Alphonse il Segundo Wrote: I don't think there is any problem with not believing in evolution.

I had to add some sort of disclaimer, because there really seems to be a lot of confusion regarding evolution in some traditionalist circles. Especially the neo-Thomists who believe that evolution can somehow fit into a Thomistic worldview (I guess it could if you completely gut essences from it).

A theological point which I came across in Fr. Seraphim's book which swayed me into a "hard" creationist camp is the point he made regarding the state of the world before the Fall, and how it is impossible for modern science to obtain an accurate picture of that time period because the physical laws of creation would have been fundamentally different than they are today. And this is a solid theological point mainly due to the fact that physical creation was made perfect and incorrupt. The introduction of sin and corruption into the word with the subsequent ejection of Adam and Eve from Paradise into fleshly bodies fundamentally transforms the necessary physical laws of the universe from something perfectly ordered and unchanging to where everything is in a state of consistent decay over time.
"The Heart of Jesus is closer to you when you suffer, than when you are full of joy." - St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

'Therefore do I weep, and my eyes run down with water: because the comforter, the relief of my soul, is far from me: my children are desolate because the enemy hath prevailed.' - Lamentations 1:16

[Image: tiziano-vecelli-ecce-homo-national-galle...tSmall.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Augustinian's post:
  • Some Guy

Messages In This Thread
RE: I Dont Have Enough Faith to be an Evolutionist - Skepticism of Evolution - by Augustinian - 09-13-2019, 10:38 PM