I Dont Have Enough Faith to be an Evolutionist - Skepticism of Evolution
Quote:meaning concupiscence rather than referring to their actual physical bodies, which they undeniably possessed in Paradise.

Good to clarify. Your post was a little ambiguous out what "fleshly" meant.

I'm going to have to disagree with St. Gregory's interpretation, at least certain aspects of it.
Sexual intercourse, conception, suckling and feeding are all perfectly natural and good things. We know this from the Genesis account of creation and other passages of Scripture. 

Obviously sin didn't give men and women their respective genetalia, or women breasts. And I would have every reason to think Adam had canine teeth and a stomach. 

And even the passions are natural to man. They just need to be controlled and regulated. Anger, desire, hunger, and fear are natural to us. It is whem the passion is allowed to dominate amd the intellect is made the servant of the will that things become problematic. 

And maybe I am in the wrong about this, but I firmly disagree with that interpretation of what the fall did to nature. I think thorns and brambles are natural and part of God's creation. 

It seems relevant to say that this gives sin the power to "evolve" new plants and animals.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Alphonse il Segundo's post:
  • MagisterMusicae

Messages In This Thread
RE: I Dont Have Enough Faith to be an Evolutionist - Skepticism of Evolution - by Alphonse il Segundo - 09-14-2019, 12:22 PM