I Dont Have Enough Faith to be an Evolutionist - Skepticism of Evolution
(09-14-2019, 12:22 PM)Alphonse il Segundo Wrote:
Quote:meaning concupiscence rather than referring to their actual physical bodies, which they undeniably possessed in Paradise.

And maybe I am in the wrong about this, but I firmly disagree with that interpretation of what the fall did to nature. I think thorns and brambles are natural and part of God's creation. 

It seems relevant to say that this gives sin the power to "evolve" new plants and animals.

I don't see how distorting or changing the nature of a thing "evolves" it? If there was no change to the nature or essence of our first parents, then what exactly did Christ redeem? If He did not restore our nature to that of pre-Edenic existence, because we have always been exactly how modern man is, then what purpose was there to any sort of Redemptive sacrifice?

To say that sin evolves things would mean that things do not have a nature to begin with. To say that sin can alter a thing's nature does not mean it evolves into something completely different. Rather, it distorts the perfections of that nature into something imperfect. St Gregory, then, would be correct in stating that there was some change in the concupiscence and bodies of Adam and Eve after the Fall.
"The Heart of Jesus is closer to you when you suffer, than when you are full of joy." - St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

'Therefore do I weep, and my eyes run down with water: because the comforter, the relief of my soul, is far from me: my children are desolate because the enemy hath prevailed.' - Lamentations 1:16

[Image: tiziano-vecelli-ecce-homo-national-galle...tSmall.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
RE: I Dont Have Enough Faith to be an Evolutionist - Skepticism of Evolution - by Augustinian - 09-14-2019, 02:19 PM