I Dont Have Enough Faith to be an Evolutionist - Skepticism of Evolution
(02-10-2020, 11:07 AM)Melkite Wrote: but the problem for me has always been, if God created everything instantaneously, then how do we explain the preponderance of evidence that really makes it look like gradual changes took place over many eons?  This is the same problem that theistic evolutionists have.  God didn't have to choose evolution; he just as easily could have chosen instantaneous creation.  But then we can't explain what we're observing.

One explanation is that God created different kinds of animals in the beginning, but they evolved within those kinds after that. He created, for example, one type of cat, that later evolved into lions and jaguars and house cats.

But if He did create every species, in the modern sense, at the beginning, and created each one a little bit different from the others, how could we tell the difference between that and evolution? It seems to me that much of the evidence for evolution presumes evolution, since it involves comparing structures in one animal to those in another, and if they're similar, they must be related. I'm sure I'm oversimplifying it here, but similarity by itself doesn't prove relatedness. That's assuming what you're trying to prove. It's like saying cars evolved from trucks, since they're obviously similar and have many of the same parts. But they're similar because they were created by a creator for a common purpose.

Messages In This Thread
RE: I Dont Have Enough Faith to be an Evolutionist - Skepticism of Evolution - by Paul - 02-12-2020, 10:06 AM