Games I Enjoy
I used to be a PC/console/handheld gamer but not so much anymore.

Lately, I’m into playing Wordscapes on my phone or doing crossword puzzles and word searches. Games like this that challenge me and engage my mind are important.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Sequentia's post:
  • ServusDei
(12-31-2019, 08:43 PM)Augustinian Wrote: Kingdom Come is a really detailed Medieval-historical RPG, taking place in 1403. I really enjoy the explicit Catholicism present in the art and culture of the game's world, with various wayshrines and churches to find and visit. The swordplay is some of the most unique, somewhat similar to the style found in Mount & Blade, where you have to control the direction of your strikes while maintaining your stamina. It can be cumbersome at first, but I'm coming around to getting a handle on it. There seems to be a wealth of side activities and things to do outside of the main quest, so I can see myself playing this for a while to come.

I dunno, I was really excited when I heard about KC:D, I used to love open world games, and the idea of a realistic Medieval setting really appealed to me.  From what I've hear though there's just too much sexual content Imo.
(01-04-2020, 11:25 AM)Gondothlim Wrote:
(12-31-2019, 08:43 PM)Augustinian Wrote: Kingdom Come is a really detailed Medieval-historical RPG, taking place in 1403. I really enjoy the explicit Catholicism present in the art and culture of the game's world, with various wayshrines and churches to find and visit. The swordplay is some of the most unique, somewhat similar to the style found in Mount & Blade, where you have to control the direction of your strikes while maintaining your stamina. It can be cumbersome at first, but I'm coming around to getting a handle on it. There seems to be a wealth of side activities and things to do outside of the main quest, so I can see myself playing this for a while to come.

I dunno, I was really excited when I heard about KCBig Grin, I used to love open world games, and the idea of a realistic Medieval setting really appealed to me.  From what I've hear though there's just too much sexual content Imo.
I guess I haven't gotten far enough in it to see sexual content, but I would have to say that it depends on the player's choice to participate in such things?
"The Heart of Jesus is closer to you when you suffer, than when you are full of joy." - St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

'Vanity of vanities, said Ecclesiastes: vanity of vanities, and all is vanity.' - Ecclesiastes 1:2
[-] The following 1 user Likes Augustinian's post:
  • Gondothlim
(01-04-2020, 12:49 PM)Augustinian Wrote: I guess I haven't gotten far enough in it to see sexual content, but I would have to say that it depends on the player's choice to participate in such things?
I don't know, I'm just going by the Wiki page, DLC content title, and the ESRB rating.  (M for strong sexual content and nudity)

I've given up on most RPGs now tbh.  I haven't really played video games for a few months now come to think of it.  I used to play multiplayer games late at night, and the occasional "banter" that would fly around, (especially on weekends, if you know what I mean), kind of turned me off gaming.  Most of the time it was relatively harmless, just standard run of the mill internet banter (and better than a lot of other communities tbh); but every once in a while it would go waaaaaay too far. I'm about to give it another shot though, I'm going to try playing earlier in the evening and see how it goes.  I've also found a server with rules that try and prevent that sort of thing, which I'm excited to try playing on.  I think I just got unlucky though, late night anything is rarely a good idea.  

I'm also kind of scrupulous though, at the moment I'm paranoid if I list my favorite games someone might try the game, fall in with a bad group, and end up sinning somehow.  Which might sound silly, now I'm typing it out, but that's my thought process.  The worst thing was when I heard someone going on inappropriately and felt the (possibly scrupulous) need to correct the poor guy.  I'm not 100% sure we're actually called to correct people in that sort of scenario, though I always felt guilty leaving the match or keeping silent.

My favorite "harmless" game right now though is AOE II+the expansions.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Gondothlim's post:
  • Augustinian
If anyone's into the 90's Windows PC aesthetic, I came across this really fun casual mobile game the other day called Progressbar95. I highly recommend it, it's surprisingly fun and addictive.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.spookyhousestudios.progressbar95&hl=en_US
"The Heart of Jesus is closer to you when you suffer, than when you are full of joy." - St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

'Vanity of vanities, said Ecclesiastes: vanity of vanities, and all is vanity.' - Ecclesiastes 1:2
I've been on a huge classic FPS kick lately. I've been playing a lot of DOOM, DOOM II, Quake, Duke Nukem 3D, Heretic, etc. I also came upon a development copy of the new title Ion Fury (previously called Ion Maiden) which was developed on the classic Build engine that was behind Duke 3D. What little I was able to play was outstanding, there's obviously a lot of love and effort put into it due to all of the little details in the environments. If anyone else loves 90s-style FPS, definitely look into Ion Fury, Dusk, and Amid Evil.

I'm also readily looking forward to DOOM Eternal in March. I'm happy to see a return to the classic style of FPS with labyrinthine maps, key cards, and fun weapons.

Nice. I don't do much FPS myself, but I heartily recommend the open-source ones.
MonstranceDeo Gratias et Ave Maria! Monstrance
Pray the Rosary

A Dieu mon ame,
Mon arme au roi,
Mon Coeur a la dame,
Mon honneur a moi!
My personal fave back in the day was Streets of SimCity!! That game was a legend lol!

Local anti-feminist.....if you think women deserve special treatment without any accountability for their actions expect to hear from me!
[-] The following 2 users Like divinesilence80's post:
  • Augustinian, ServusDei
Started playing Diablo in 1997 with a pirated disk (appropriately so) and a homemade tower.

Diablo 1 Cinematic Intro video movie of the game

You gotta wonder if this isn't about some highly successful software engineer

Diablo 1 Cinematic Ending outro video movie of the game

Still playing D3 (off-line) on a hand-me-down PS3 (actually did buy the disk though).
Oh, where are the snows of yesteryear!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Blind Horus's post:
  • Augustinian
(02-06-2020, 09:57 PM)Augustinian Wrote: I'm also readily looking forward to DOOM Eternal in March. I'm happy to see a return to the classic style of FPS with labyrinthine maps, key cards, and fun weapons.

Yea, I checked out the trailer etc, they've got potential, but just like the previous one I don't like the highlight special finish kill for every single enemy (Should just be for bosses, they way over did that) and like you said in another thread about careful what music you listen to, in the same way, I think we have to be careful with games too. The whole pentagram and satanic stuff, if they go overboard with it or source from the real thing, then like the last one that worries me a lot, I don't know whether I'll get it... doubtful, very doubtful, I might try the demo though if they release one.

God Bless You
Jesus to St Faustina:

"For you I descended from heaven to earth; for you I allowed myself to be nailed to the cross; for you I let my Sacred Heart be pierced with a lance, thus opening wide the source of mercy for you. Come, then, with trust to draw graces from this fountain. I never reject a contrite heart." (Diary, 1485)

"Remember My Passion, and if you do not believe My words, at least believe My wounds." (Diary, 379)

"It is in My Passion that you must seek light and strength." (Diary, 654)