Games I Enjoy
(10-20-2020, 06:02 PM)Ioannes_L Wrote: Regarding their hate and distaste towards Catholicism, and in the case of Revelations Orthodox, it proves how their Trudeau-ish statement of "this game is produced by people of diverse backgrounds, faiths, religious beliefs and gender identities" is false.

To be fair, the sanitized opinion of history by those who believe in religious indifferentism is always that the Christians were corrupt, evil tyrants and oppressors. Interestingly enough, and this could be wrong on my part, I think they removed the mention of "religious beliefs" from their statement and emphasized the "gender identities" and sexual preferences of their developers, which is reflected very strongly in Odyssey. There is a casual mention of a lesbian relationship between this female pirate I had a mission for and a later mission for some homosexual who can also be "courted" by the male protagonist.

On a side note, for those that may have read my previous post about compatibility issues with ACII: If you open task manager while running the game, go to the details tab, and right-click on the ACII program, you can change the affinity (which designates how many processor cores are utilized by the program) to just use CPU0 and CPU1, which seems to reduce the stuttering and frame rate issues. Switching the priority to "real time" also helps substantially. In my case, I run the game with 3 cores in real time, and it runs significantly better.
"The Heart of Jesus is closer to you when you suffer, than when you are full of joy." - St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

“Beware of false prophets, who come to you in the clothing of sheep, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.” (St. Matt. 7:15)

"There can be nothing more dangerous than those heretics who admit nearly the whole series of doctrine, and yet by one word, as with a drop of poison, taint the real and simple Faith taught by Our Lord and handed down by Apostolic tradition." - Pope Leo XIII, Satis Cognitum
Yes, Christianity is always the big bad wolf for those who profess indifferentism.
In the series Templars were/are evil, the Pope was evil, the Byzantine were evil... but non-Christians or those seen as "free-thinkers" are the good guys, to the point where the Marquis de Sade and Karl Marx were friends of the player in Unity and Syndicate.
Being honest I don't know if they removed religion from their statement, for I've removed Odyssey in order to clean some room for Ezio collection and Rogue, but certainly this plays a bigger role now. Origins was fine and had a family story, but in Origins they went guns blazing for homosexualism, to the point where two women could become a couple and have a child in the DLC, characters were open about their inclinations, allowing the player to do whatever they want... "nothing is true, everything is permitted".
Ite ad Ioseph
[-] The following 1 user Likes Ioannes_L's post:
  • Augustinian
I've been playing this smartphone game called "Peace, death" quite a bit lately. If you've ever heard of the game "Papers, please" it's a lot like that except rather than playing Communist border guard, you're a reaper in a very Catholic judgment. Based on characteristics of the individuals before you, you judge them to heaven, hell or purgatory; with obstacles and challenges along the way. It's a lot of fun.

"The Heart of Jesus is closer to you when you suffer, than when you are full of joy." - St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

“Beware of false prophets, who come to you in the clothing of sheep, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.” (St. Matt. 7:15)

"There can be nothing more dangerous than those heretics who admit nearly the whole series of doctrine, and yet by one word, as with a drop of poison, taint the real and simple Faith taught by Our Lord and handed down by Apostolic tradition." - Pope Leo XIII, Satis Cognitum
It seems I finally understood how to play Hearts of Iron IV, and now I'm enjoying every minute playing it and altering WWII history.
Ite ad Ioseph