Games I Enjoy
Interesting...
The market is hyper saturated with games that 'take' players to other worlds, to fantastical realms, to whatever weird and impossible scenario, so these laidback games where people drive trucks or fish are on the rise.
Ite ad Ioseph
[-] The following 1 user Likes Ioannes_L's post:
  • ChairmanJoeAintMyPresident
(04-21-2021, 10:31 PM)Ioannes_L Wrote: Interesting...
The market is hyper saturated with games that 'take' players to other worlds, to fantastical realms, to whatever weird and impossible scenario, so these laidback games where people drive trucks or fish are on the rise.

Well fantasy has been done since the 80's in so many different forms that coupled with the lack of ideas from decent studios there's not much new being made with it. Sims on the other hand have been improving in accessibility to the more casual audience. Back in the day a sim game meant a bunch of spreadsheets and data that your average person doesn't play games for. Now, with better graphics and development the sim genre has a lot more appeal.
With no king to rule me I owe my fealty only to God.
[-] The following 1 user Likes HedgeKnight's post:
  • Ioannes_L
Yeah, I'm not a huge fan of fantasy, even so, I can see that most of the fantasy titles out there are quite similar.
And again, yes, sims are easier to make nowadays, and you have people who ain't after exploring other worlds or universes, killing dragons or fighting giants... some just want to fish, drive a truck across the country, drive a train, be an airliner pilot.
Ite ad Ioseph
(04-21-2021, 10:31 PM)Ioannes_L Wrote: Interesting...
Why not a game where you sleep?