Being Told to Stay Away From Church
(07-26-2018, 01:03 PM)Bonaventure Wrote: So, would I be correct in assuming that what you detail above (a) happened a TLM parish, and (b) you agree that it was indeed of a very serious nature?  If so, I would not take what you did lightly.  Listen to the priest, and give it some more time.  Go to confession if you haven't already done so.  And possibly reflect upon the situation, praying for guidance and/or the strength to make whatever change necessary.

I've been doing some reflection and the core of the problem was a disintegrated way of treating people, I totally disregarded people's feelings and was for brutal honesty which was doing damage and creating misunderstandings. I've been practicing silence and praying for the grace of gentleness to counteract my choleric temperament so this doesn't happen again.
(07-26-2018, 02:22 PM)Patmappas28 Wrote:
(07-26-2018, 01:03 PM)Bonaventure Wrote: So, would I be correct in assuming that what you detail above (a) happened a TLM parish, and (b) you agree that it was indeed of a very serious nature?  If so, I would not take what you did lightly.  Listen to the priest, and give it some more time.  Go to confession if you haven't already done so.  And possibly reflect upon the situation, praying for guidance and/or the strength to make whatever change necessary.

I've been doing some reflection and the core of the problem was a disintegrated way of treating people, I totally disregarded people's feelings and was for brutal honesty which was doing damage and creating misunderstandings. I've been practicing silence and praying for the grace of gentleness to counteract my choleric temperament so this doesn't happen again.

In such a case, where you clearly recognize your faults, I think you would be right to ask the priest to come privately and make a confession and receive communion also privately.

If he thinks it good that you stay away for now, that may be a reasonable penalty and way of repairing, but you do have the right to the Sacraments unless the law bars you from them. Thus, ask him, for your own spiritual benefit, for private reception of the Sacraments.

Since the reason for exclusion from public attendance was presumably scandal, that is not a risk if you come privately.

A good priest should willingly respond to such a request. If he does not or is unwilling you should unemotional ask his reasoning for it, and then, if necessary speak to his superior.