Commandments or Suggestions?
Peace.....Bergolio speaking to a general audience recently referred to the 10 Commandments as "10 Words" - which has now become the term "10 Suggestions" - I couldn't help but think of when Jesus threw out the money changers from the Temple - throwing over their tables and commanding them to leave because His Father's House is a House of Prayer!  This seems to be what our Bishops and Cardinals are NOT doing - just get to it and throw out the corruption and garbage - Jesus didn't waste time doing it and neither should our Bishops and Cardinals today!  I guess they just don't want to.....in my mind, all the Pope has to say is, "You - out - don't come back and let this be a lesson for the rest of you!"  God bless, angeltime Heart
[-] The following 1 user Likes angeltime's post:
  • Sacred Heart lover
The ten commandments are often referred to as the decalogue which literally means "10 words".
Surréxit Dóminus vere, Alleluia!
(07-28-2018, 01:18 AM)Dominicus Wrote: The ten commandments are often referred to as the decalogue which literally means "10 words".
Peace.....well, that may be acceptable, but now we are moving into calling them 10 Suggestions for Life...hmm...God bless, angeltime Heart
You are right - it's that simple - throw out the trash, done.

There are some good ones of course, but largely too many comfortable ones that just don't want to rock the boat, because then they'd have to actually do stuff.

My friend that was in seminary used to make fun of them, and in a whining voice say "Oh no, don't make me do stuff, don't make me do stuff...…." He knew they just wanted to take it easy , not take on corruption.
(07-28-2018, 05:36 AM)Markie Boy Wrote: You are right - it's that simple - throw out the trash, done.  

There are some good ones of course, but largely too many comfortable ones that just don't want to rock the boat, because then they'd have to actually do stuff.

My friend that was in seminary used to make fun of them, and in a whining voice say "Oh no, don't make me do stuff, don't make me do stuff...…."  He knew they just wanted to take it easy , not take on corruption.

Peace.....more will come out speaking up as time goes on.  I keep thinking of John the Baptist - a voice crying in the wilderness - and then he showed himself!  God bless, angeltime Heart