North Carolina
Anyone familiar with the Asheville, NC area and surrounding communities?

What is the Catholic culture like, if any? The Catholic churches I've seen thus far in that area look horrendous; the Episcopal churches look even more beautiful in their architecture than the sterile Catholic Church architecture of the city.

What is the cost of living like? Exotic animal laws? Any ghettos? Jobs for STEM people like me? Cheaper to own a house there compared to mortgage rates in IL? Any Eastern Catholic churches around there, or FSSP, or Anglican Ordinariate parishes close by? Is it quieter? Etc.

Is it libtard SJW land full of sodomite sympathizers or is it fairly conservative with "Christian values," as secular people might say?

I have a relative who is going to retire around that area and she said we should look into it. I could definitely use a change in pace, but the thought of moving ALL of my animals halfway across the country would be an impossible challenge (2 birds, one gecko, 80+ invertebrates). Not to mention, I hate landlords and apartments.

But it is tempting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"The problem with you sir, is that your intelligence enables you to evaluate people critically and when you evaluate people critically, you bring danger upon yourself."   -Lao Tzu

"And God said, “Let the earth bring forth living creatures according to their kinds: [...] creeping things [...] of the earth according to their kinds.” And it was so." -Genesis 1:24 (RSV:CE)

"And what do we say to the god of death?" "...not today."

Vive les Catholiques de la Vendée!