Urgent request
Long story short, one of my animals got "loose" last night, and set up residence in a vertical opening in a bathroom cabinet. How a big, fat orange spider fit through that I have no idea; but my whole house is in an uproar because of it. I had to quarantine the whole bathroom and seal all openings late last night. So now it's an issue of waiting for "Photina" to appear out of her new house, or to fish her out somehow.

Yes, I'm an idiot but my #1 priority is to get Photina out somehow and back into her enclosure. As usual, I'm on my own with this one and no outside help. I haven't been able to get a good visual so I'm going to be sending an endoscope through the opening in which Photina crawled into.

Please pray that I can catch her or fish her out, hopefully this week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"The problem with you sir, is that your intelligence enables you to evaluate people critically and when you evaluate people critically, you bring danger upon yourself."   -Lao Tzu

"And God said, “Let the earth bring forth living creatures according to their kinds: [...] creeping things [...] of the earth according to their kinds.” And it was so." -Genesis 1:24 (RSV:CE)

"And what do we say to the god of death?" "...not today."

Vive les Catholiques de la Vendée!
Pray
(07-31-2018, 08:57 AM)Sequentia Wrote: Long story short, one of my animals got "loose" last night, and set up residence in a vertical opening in a bathroom cabinet. How a big, fat orange spider fit through that I have no idea; but my whole house is in an uproar because of it. I had to quarantine the whole bathroom and seal all openings late last night. So now it's an issue of waiting for "Photina" to appear out of her new house, or to fish her out somehow.

Yes, I'm an idiot but my #1 priority is to get Photina out somehow and back into her enclosure. As usual, I'm on my own with this one and no outside help. I haven't been able to get a good visual so I'm going to be sending an endoscope through the opening in which Photina crawled into.

Please pray that I can catch her or fish her out, hopefully this week.

I'm sorry to hear that.  I know how much you care about your spiders. sad

Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help, or sought thine intercession was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto thee, O Virgin of virgins, my mother; to thee do I come, before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in thy mercy hear and answer me.
Amen.
Rome will lose the faith and become the seat of the antichrist. 
The demons of the air together with the Antichrist will perform great wonders  
The Church will be in eclipse

-Our Lady of La Salette

Like Christ, His Bride the Church will undergo its own passion, burial, and resurrection.
-unknown traditional priest

Father Ripperger said that if we are detached from all things, aren't afraid to suffer, and we accept all suffering as the will of God for our sanctity, we have nothing to fear!
Well I got her out after quarantining the bathroom for 3 days, and used a combination of an endoscope and modified wire hanger to get her out. My ass got in trouble for my stupidity-which I deserved-but at the same time I learned completely new methods as to how to "flush out" these animals; and applied the scientific method, trying things step-by-step.

It's amazing actually, that I was able to think critically and come to a final conclusion (ie getting Photina out). I also got a nice half-bite in the process from Photina at the base of my left thumb. Either she gave me a "dry bite" or my body is completely immune to venom, guess I got away from this one with no health effects.

That being said, I'm treating her bite as if I got stung by a wasp and monitoring it; no pain, no swelling, no nothing. She was very miserable when I pulled her out and my guess is survival instinct kicked in, probably sensing(?) she would be eaten by me.

She is safely back in her log hide though and sealed up. One of her legs is damaged, but eventually she will cast it off and just grow a new one on her next molt. I'm hoping she has no other injuries, especially to her abdomen. From what I have observed, she should be okay.

"The problem with you sir, is that your intelligence enables you to evaluate people critically and when you evaluate people critically, you bring danger upon yourself."   -Lao Tzu

"And God said, “Let the earth bring forth living creatures according to their kinds: [...] creeping things [...] of the earth according to their kinds.” And it was so." -Genesis 1:24 (RSV:CE)

"And what do we say to the god of death?" "...not today."

Vive les Catholiques de la Vendée!
[-] The following 3 users Like Sequentia's post:
  • Dominicus, jovan66102, Sacred Heart lover