Protestants using Catholic Church
I know of a local Catholic Church where they let a protestant group use the Church for their services, as they were without a building for a while.

I think they sat in the pews and the pastor preached from up front, probably using the podium.

Now in this parish the Tabernacle is in a room in the back corner, as is the Sanctuary Lamp.

So two questions:

1.  Is it OK to allow protestants to do this?

2. Were they preaching from the Sanctuary - or is the Sanctuary in back where the Tabernacle and Lamp are?
Do you want a Catholic answer or a 'Francis answer'?

The Catholic answer is that the Pastor of the Parish was enabling the promotion of false religion and it should not happen. The Sanctuary is where the Altar is situated. The Tabernacle should be on the Altar in the Sanctuary.

The Francis answer, 'Who are we to judge'.
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
  “Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog also.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'

[-] The following 5 users Like jovan66102's post:
  • angeltime, dahveed, MaryTN, Sacred Heart lover, Zedta
The pastor is a huge Pope Frank fan - so I was looking for a Catholic answer :)

So in that parish - the Sanctuary Lamp is not in the Sanctuary??? No wonder everyone is confused!
(08-01-2018, 05:02 PM)Markie Boy Wrote: So in that parish - the Sanctuary Lamp is not in the Sanctuary???  No wonder everyone is confused!

It's part of the plan, the Trotskyite communist 'permanent revolution' in the Church. They hope that if they confuse enough people they can carry out their plans to destroy the Church with less resistance.

St Bernard of Clairvaux

Please call your local diocese and inform them of this. This should not be happening.
Say no to NO.
(08-01-2018, 06:11 PM)Paradosiakos Wrote: Please call your local diocese and inform them of this. This should not be happening.

In many Dioceses the Bishop would back the Pastor 100%, and would probably 'loan' his Cathedral for the propagation of false worship.

St Bernard of Clairvaux

(08-01-2018, 03:52 PM)jovan66102 Wrote: Do you want a Catholic answer or a 'Francis answer'?

The Catholic answer is that the Pastor of the Parish was enabling the promotion of false religion and it should not happen. The Sanctuary is where the Altar is situated. The Tabernacle should be on the Altar in the Sanctuary.

The Francis answer, 'Who are we to judge'.
Pax!  I think the Tabernacle is to be IN the sanctuary NEAR the altar but not ON it - correct??  God bless, angeltime :heart:
(08-01-2018, 06:48 PM)angeltime Wrote: Pax!  I think the Tabernacle is to be IN the sanctuary NEAR the altar but not ON it - correct??  God bless, angeltime :heart:

Well, it can be in various places, as long as it's in the Sanctuary. Many mediaeval Churches had a hanging pyx next to the Altar, but in most older Churches the Tabernacle was on what I think was technically the reredos, but to the eye, it appeared to ne on the Altar.

St Bernard of Clairvaux

(08-01-2018, 06:55 PM)jovan66102 Wrote:
(08-01-2018, 06:48 PM)angeltime Wrote: Pax!  I think the Tabernacle is to be IN the sanctuary NEAR the altar but not ON it - correct??  God bless, angeltime :heart:

Well, it can be in various places, as long as it's in the Sanctuary. Many mediaeval Churches had a hanging pyx next to the Altar, but in most older Churches the Tabernacle was on what I think was technically the reredos, but to the eye, it appeared to ne on the Altar.
oh.....okay!   :heart:
(08-01-2018, 06:43 PM)jovan66102 Wrote:
(08-01-2018, 06:11 PM)Paradosiakos Wrote: Please call your local diocese and inform them of this. This should not be happening.

In many Dioceses the Bishop would back the Pastor 100%, and would probably 'loan' his Cathedral for the propagation of false worship.

Yup - that sounds like our dioceses.  Really nobody to complain to that would see things as a problem.