Protestants using Catholic Church
It's weird not having the tabernacle behind the altar when you go to genuflect before entering the pew.

What/who exactly are you genuflecting to?
Rome will lose the faith and become the seat of the antichrist. 
The demons of the air together with the Antichrist will perform great wonders  
The Church will be in eclipse

-Our Lady of La Salette

Like Christ, His Bride the Church will undergo its own passion, burial, and resurrection.
-unknown traditional priest

Father Ripperger said that if we are detached from all things, aren't afraid to suffer, and we accept all suffering as the will of God for our sanctity, we have nothing to fear!
(08-01-2018, 10:52 PM)Sacred Heart lover Wrote: It's weird not having the tabernacle behind the altar when you go to genuflect before entering the pew.

What/who exactly are you genuflecting to?
I was taught to simply bow, and not genuflect if the Blessed Sacrament wasn't in the Sanctuary. Of course, in the old days, when the Sacrament was always in the Sanctuary that only happened during the Sacred Triduum, when Our Lord was on the Altar of Repose.
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
  “Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog also.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'

Yes, unfortunately when I attended daily Mass in the mornings with my kids we would often see the Catholic school children file into their pews without genuflecting even though the tabernacle was there. The teachers didn't seem to teach them about genuflecting and what it means.

To be honest, I didn't know why we genuflected exactly until I taught my kids their Catechism. :/

Wish I had had the Baltimore growing up.

My brother brought his Mormon fiancee to Mass one time and told her, "You dip your hand in this water and make a cross."

She asked, "Why?"

He replied, "I don't know, you just do. Now you genuflect before you enter the pew."

"Why?"

"You just do."

::sigh::
Rome will lose the faith and become the seat of the antichrist. 
The demons of the air together with the Antichrist will perform great wonders  
The Church will be in eclipse

-Our Lady of La Salette

Like Christ, His Bride the Church will undergo its own passion, burial, and resurrection.
-unknown traditional priest

Father Ripperger said that if we are detached from all things, aren't afraid to suffer, and we accept all suffering as the will of God for our sanctity, we have nothing to fear!
(08-01-2018, 10:52 PM)Sacred Heart lover Wrote: It's weird not having the tabernacle behind the altar when you go to genuflect before entering the pew.

It is odd. It reminds me of a joke I heard somewhere: something about a guy who went to a Halloween party dressed as a tabernacle, and he was made to sit in the corner out of sight. I forget where I heard it.
-sent by howitzer via the breech.

God's love is manifest in the landscape as in a face.  - John Muir

I want creation to penetrate you with so much admiration that wherever you go, the least plant may bring you clear remembrance of the Creator.  A single plant, a blade of grass, or one speck of dust is sufficient to occupy all your intelligence in beholding the art with which it has been made  - Saint Basil

Heaven is under our feet, as well as over our heads. - Thoreau, Walden
Protestants should not be allowed to use a parish of the Catholic Church for the purpose of continueing their heretical behavior and beliefs.

Such conduct is gravely irreverent to Christ Himself, especially in His Own Church!
:monstrance:Deo Gratias et Ave Maria! :monstrance:
Pray the Rosary

A Dieu mon ame,
Mon arme au roi,
Mon Coeur a la dame,
Mon honneur a moi!
(08-02-2018, 09:54 AM)ServusDei Wrote: Protestants should not be allowed to use a parish of the Catholic Church for the purpose of continueing their heretical behavior and beliefs.

Such conduct is gravely irreverent to Christ Himself, especially in His Own Church!

Peace!  What is the point of consecrating a building to be a Catholic Church if everybody and his uncle can come in and do as they please according to their beliefs and worship?  Sounds like it doesn't matter anymore... :huh:  God bless, angeltime :heart:
You know, I work with the youth group, and it goes to that parish for activity sometimes to include those kids.  I was doing a faith scavenger hunt to teach them about the faith - it was really good.

When I asked the pastor there he said we should probably not use the Church proper, as it's consecrated Holy, and he showed me the crosses in the cement where the consecration was done.

So - apparently it's not OK to use consecrated Holy space to teach the faith, but it's Ok for protestants to use it???  

That place is such a mess I only go there when I have to.  It's the closest of our parish cluster, but we generally drive past it to go to a parish that makes more sense.

Oh - and the office lady and RE directory there use the Church space for a walking track in the cold months!  I don't think they stop to genuflect at the Tabernacle in back or Altar in front.
Sounds to me like he wants to make sure the Faith is not taught to the youth! :@

Oh, and what's a 'parish cluster'? Have they invented yet another stupid, new term?

St Bernard of Clairvaux

(08-02-2018, 02:05 PM)jovan66102 Wrote: Oh, and what's a 'parish cluster'? Have they invented yet another stupid, new term?

My understanding of a cluster is for situations with several small, spread out parishes to pool priests and resources. Instead of closing 2 of the 3 parishes in a region due to a lack of priests, all three are kept open, with the priests travelling from church to church to offer Mass. It makes sense to me in a way, since it allows a Catholic presence in an area to be maintained. Sadly, I can't say I've heard of its usage outside NO parishes.
-sent by howitzer via the breech.

God's love is manifest in the landscape as in a face.  - John Muir

I want creation to penetrate you with so much admiration that wherever you go, the least plant may bring you clear remembrance of the Creator.  A single plant, a blade of grass, or one speck of dust is sufficient to occupy all your intelligence in beholding the art with which it has been made  - Saint Basil

Heaven is under our feet, as well as over our heads. - Thoreau, Walden
(08-02-2018, 02:15 PM)Jeeter Wrote:
(08-02-2018, 02:05 PM)jovan66102 Wrote: Oh, and what's a 'parish cluster'? Have they invented yet another stupid, new term?

My understanding of a cluster is for situations with several small, spread out parishes to pool priests and resources.  Instead of closing 2 of the 3 parishes in a region due to a lack of priests, all three are kept open, with the priests travelling from church to church to offer Mass.  It makes sense to me in a way, since it allows a Catholic presence in an area to be maintained.  Sadly, I can't say I've heard of its usage outside NO parishes.

Oh, I had an idea what it was, but I'd never heard the term. My last Parish was a 'Super Parish' called Sacred Heart. It was composed of three former Parishes OL Queen of Apostles, Holy Family, and OL of Carter Lake. My current Parish is one of two small, rural Parishes served by one Priest, so I knew what they're doing, but why make up a new term? 

Canon 517 deals with the problem nicely without using stupid, made up terms,

Quote:Can. 517 §1. When circumstances require it, the pastoral care of a parish or of different parishes together can be entrusted to several priests in solidum, with the requirement, however, that in exercising pastoral care one of them must be the moderator, namely, the one who is to direct the joint action and to answer for it to the bishop.

§2. If, because of a lack of priests, the diocesan bishop has decided that participation in the exercise of the pastoral care of a parish is to be entrusted to a deacon, to another person who is not a priest, or to a community of persons, he is to appoint some priest who, provided with the powers and faculties of a pastor, is to direct the pastoral care.

St Bernard of Clairvaux