Protestants using Catholic Church
(08-02-2018, 02:26 PM)jovan66102 Wrote: Oh, I had an idea what it was, but I'd never heard the term. My last Parish was a 'Super Parish' called Sacred Heart.

Super Parish? That's a new one to me. is that the Catholic version of a mega-church with giant TV screens? :D

Quote:It was composed of three former Parishes OL Queen of Apostles, Holy Family, and OL of Carter Lake. My current Parish is one of two small, rural Parishes served by one Priest, so I knew what they're doing, but why make up a new term? 

I think the terms are made up to irritate trads. :P
-sent by howitzer via the breech.

God's love is manifest in the landscape as in a face.  - John Muir

I want creation to penetrate you with so much admiration that wherever you go, the least plant may bring you clear remembrance of the Creator.  A single plant, a blade of grass, or one speck of dust is sufficient to occupy all your intelligence in beholding the art with which it has been made  - Saint Basil

Heaven is under our feet, as well as over our heads. - Thoreau, Walden
(08-02-2018, 02:29 PM)Jeeter Wrote:
(08-02-2018, 02:26 PM)jovan66102 Wrote: Oh, I had an idea what it was, but I'd never heard the term. My last Parish was a 'Super Parish' called Sacred Heart.

Super Parish?  That's a new one to me.  is that the Catholic version of a mega-church with giant TV screens? :D 

Actually, I made that up after months of attending Queen or Holy Family, thinking they were separate Parishes, when I discovered I'd been in the same Parish the whole time. Never heard anyone else use it.
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
  “Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog also.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'

(08-02-2018, 02:05 PM)jovan66102 Wrote: Sounds to me like he wants to make sure the Faith is not taught to the youth! :@

Oh, and what's a 'parish cluster'? Have they invented yet another stupid, new term?
Peace.....I have heard the term "cluster" more recently here and prior to that, "mission parish" - so the priest would have one main parish where he lived in the rectory and then once per month visit the mission parish in another town/village.  I heard of one priest who had a few parishes to care for, and ended up having a nervous breakdown and retiring - quite young still.  It's too much - Masses, Parish groups, Councils - all in different directions and snowy weather on top!  God bless, angeltime :heart:  p.s.  I remember a time (not that long ago really) when my heart was full of the beauty and peace of the Church where one could almost breathe in the breath of God, and now it seems to be heavy and suffocated by the ongoing stench that nobody will help us to get rid of.....
(08-02-2018, 02:15 PM)Jeeter Wrote:
(08-02-2018, 02:05 PM)jovan66102 Wrote: Oh, and what's a 'parish cluster'? Have they invented yet another stupid, new term?

My understanding of a cluster is for situations with several small, spread out parishes to pool priests and resources.  Instead of closing 2 of the 3 parishes in a region due to a lack of priests, all three are kept open, with the priests travelling from church to church to offer Mass.  It makes sense to me in a way, since it allows a Catholic presence in an area to be maintained.  Sadly, I can't say I've heard of its usage outside NO parishes.

That's it - it's group of three parishes covered by one priest.  The main parish which is a new, big building, with tabernacle back in the corner.  That's the mother ship - and it's the one I won't go to unless I have no choice - and it's the one closest to me.

We have quite a clergy shortage - and almost zero vocations in our diocese - like if we get one priest ordained a year is good.  And loads of older ones - 5-10 years from now I can't fathom what they will do.